When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
It should have come with a full leather interior, front electric seats & drivers massge seat, but came with a part leather interior and no electrics.

Vauxhall offered me £500 compension for having a 'mis-build' which I thought was shocking.

Will never go back to Vauxhall again !!

That is pretty shocking TBH, think £500 is a total insult after how much manufacturers end up adding on for these features/extra's. Let's hope you have better luck with VW! :)

Soldato
It should have come with a full leather interior, front electric seats & drivers massge seat, but came with a part leather interior and no electrics.

Vauxhall offered me £500 compension for having a 'mis-build' which I thought was shocking.

Yup, I'd also have told them where to stick it!

Soldato

Wonder if that was a build issue or dealer snagging one from an earlier slot, maybe as buyer the pulled out, and trying to get you to buy it rather than waiting for your later build slot?
£500 to keep a new car not to your spec I agree is rubbish.

Soldato
yes £500 sounds derisory ... must be more behind it - resetting the clock and ordering another bev though, versus waiting for them to deliver a 'correct' car.

With the tesla sales - what is the ratio of superchargers per car now ?
Europe free chargers, looks like I'll need a fidelity card to use the French Carrefour 22kw ones

Sorry its one full rotation in that video. Too much for a yolk steering wheel IMO. Its way more than F1 cars or even high performance road cars.
saw another yolk video - yes I don't think that is the future - doesn't look comfortable, especially with single hand.
2021 Model S Plaid Delivery, First Thoughts and 0-60 in 1.98s

Soldato

That is shocking. I imagine Vauxhall see it that they don't need to offer much because they probably already have people chomping at the bit to snap up that car.

Customer retention through good service and customer relations seems to be the exception rather than the rule these days.

Soldato
From a chat with the dealer when we picked our corsa e up, most of the Mokka e models were being sold without even being driven or viewed in person, so they probably don't care about giving compensation for selling a car with the wrong spec. It's a shame that car dealers have to be so stereotypical in their attitude towards after sales support.

Soldato
By the sounds of it most dealers are struggling to just get the cars out of the door at the moment due to such high demand, so i can totally see why that will lead to that kind of attitude when they were generally terrible before when they had to put in some kind of effort for sales!

Soldato
From a chat with the dealer when we picked our corsa e up, most of the Mokka e models were being sold without even being driven or viewed in person, so they probably don't care about giving compensation for selling a car with the wrong spec. It's a shame that car dealers have to be so stereotypical in their attitude towards after sales support.

I think with Covid this is the case with most car dealers...we ordered our ID3 without sitting or driving one and only viewing videos of them on YouTube.

When things get back to normal I'm pretty sure things will change.

Associate
So looks like I’ll be electric in September; delivery date now pencilled in and confirmation today that work will cover the installation cost of a 7kw PodPoint.

So while not the most exciting decision, it’s the financially sensible one.

Soldato
I think with Covid this is the case with most car dealers...we ordered our ID3 without sitting or driving one and only viewing videos of them on YouTube.
Had you had a VW before, as a basic indication of what finish/size might be like - you have a refusal possibility too, though.
I mean, for example, I wouldn't sign up for a fwd car, without a test drive, similarly, seat squabs and comfort are subjective

The new mercedes add's suggest people will buy online from their app - seems to be trying to normalize online purchase.

See ioniq 5 has a new tv advert - interesting advertising strategy, and Asian couple. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sPOCKjBSn8

Soldato
Does anyone know when the IONIQ 5 will be available to test drive?

I can't find much info about when the IONIQ 5 will be available to be viewed/driven in the UK, but I just booked to see the KIA EV6 next week. I'm sure it'll be nothing more than a circle jerk and the ability to sit in the car, but that'll give me a good idea if I like the quality of it.

https://www.kiaev6experience.co.uk/

EDIT: I called a Hyundai dealer and the IONIQ 5 was supposed to be in the UK in June but there's been a 6 week delay. They'll call me in August when it has arrived.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well insurance going down must be a thing, my policy went down over £90 so now the whole year is only £280.odd, and that's with everything, ticked, protected NC, breakdown and recovery, courtesy car, legal, etc. and only a £150 voluntary excess, was a nice surprise today. :)

Soldato
Had you had a VW before, as a basic indication of what finish/size might be like - you have a refusal possibility too, though.
I mean, for example, I wouldn't sign up for a fwd car, without a test drive, similarly, seat squabs and comfort are subjective

The new mercedes add's suggest people will buy online from their app - seems to be trying to normalize online purchase.

See ioniq 5 has a new tv advert - interesting advertising strategy, and Asian couple. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sPOCKjBSn8

We have a Skoda Superb now and Audi in the past so have an idea on the whole group. Can't really go wrong with VW on my opinion.

We are really happy with it and it's much better than we anticipated.

Soldato
For the industry watchers out there, today was Stellantis Battery Day. There's reporting around, but this thread from the FT's Peter Campbell has some of the highlights. One of them is that Opel (and I assume Vauxhall) will be 100% electric by 2028.

Soldato
It’s interesting that all the brands are trying to one up each over on how quickly they can do it now. ‘Two years earlier than Ford’ - nice to get the digs in there!

I also saw that comment about BEV margins being compares me to ICE. That’s really promising news, particularly from the Peug who’s BEVs are already some of the best value out there (IMO).

Soldato
It’s interesting that all the brands are trying to one up each over on how quickly they can do it now. ‘Two years earlier than Ford’ - nice to get the digs in there!

It's what the investor community want to hear, whether it makes sense practically or not! :D

Also, I forgot the biggest news, the Manta-e will make production! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom