• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When Is the 8900 Series Due?

Soldato
Am considering buying a 8800GTS. But I'd rather wait and buy it when the new 8900s are out, so that I can get it cheaper. When are they expected to be released in the UK?

Soldato
Jokester said:
I was under the impression there won't be a 8900, it'll just jump straight to 9800GTX with G90 cores.

Jokester

Think I heard something similar but we havnt heard much yet so im not sure if anything will actually come this year from nvidia or not :confused:

Soldato
OP
I read a "reportedly official" statement from ATI that said the next batch would be 8900 and 8950. But this was from a website's forum and posted some months ago...

How much of a leap up is the next wave of cards expected to be?

Don
Tom|Nbk said:
Think I heard something similar but we havnt heard much yet so im not sure if anything will actually come this year from nvidia or not :confused:

They're latest roadmap shows G92 (value/mid range series) being released in November but G90 in January. Nothing much is known about G90 other than Nvidias 1Tflop claim.

Jokester

Caporegime
Duel said:
I read a "reportedly official" statement from ATI that said the next batch would be 8900 and 8950. But this was from a website's forum and posted some months ago...

How much of a leap up is the next wave of cards expected to be?

You mean Nvidia. :confused:

The new mid-range cards are due Novemberish (in between 8600-8800 GTS), and the high-end G90's are due around January as said above. :)

Soldato
Jokester said:
They're latest roadmap shows G92 (value/mid range series) being released in November but G90 in January. Nothing much is known about G90 other than Nvidias 1Tflop claim.

Jokester

sounds like releasing the 8600 series cards before the 8800 series cards. so from what you say they may pull out 9600 based cards then next year slap out 9800.

odd though, both 9600 and 9800 are numbers from the ati old skool product range. wonder if nvidia will still use them.

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
The new mid-range cards are due Novemberish (in between 8600-8800 GTS), and the high-end G90's are due around January as said above. :)

That would mean the 8800 would be over a year at the top. Very unusual these days. It was one of the best buys ever, no doubt about it, but i think i would be ready to upgrade long before xmas :( I suppose I could invest in a new monitor/CPU.

Lack of competition I guess. Wish PowerVR Matrox or Intel would throw something special into the mix. Hopefully ATI will push Nvidia a bit harder in the next round.

Back
Top Bottom