• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
Just seen a 3090 FE listing with 15 cards. It looks like a real listing as well with 3 sold.

edit:

Same person had 53 suprimx 3090 cards of which 28 have sold. Loads of 3080 cards as well.

edit2: Might be a hijacked account. I can't find any feedback suggesting they have sold computer parts before. The comments in the listings seem to suggest its a legitimate person just using the account to offload their mining cards.

I think that if it is too good to be true it is. If genuine and 53 cards are being sold there,it's just too risky to sell bulk used GPUs on there

Soldato
I think that if it is too good to be true it is. If genuine and 53 cards are being sold there,it's just too risky to sell bulk used GPUs on there

It was genuine. They were increasing the price as the volume went down. No way a scammer would do that.

All signs suggested it was genuine as well. It is just an ex-miner.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
It was genuine. They were increasing the price as the volume went down. No way a scammer would do that.

All signs suggested it was genuine as well. It is just an ex-miner.

Reality though, how many people are this? If there's a couple of guys on the bay then its hardly a measure of the population surely? The signs to read are people actually buying in the current market, or are people already with hardware and the state is saturation. We will only see with how the next gen sells and how difficult it is to secure a new Ada card.

One thing for sure is, if crypto is in winter and the miners are hibernating, you wont be able to blame them when the scalpers come out to play!

Associate
Just seen a 3090 FE go for £750 second hand. Not a bad price. Goes to show prices are starting to tumble down. Was tempted for a moment to put a bid on. I’m sure they will go even cheaper as the 4000 series gets closer.
I am going to avoid Nvidia cards with GDDR6X until we get a better idea of how reliable they are long term, £750 is cheaper until it develops a fault and you have no warranty, https://youtu.be/1T0npiqjEWQ?t=326

Soldato
Who in their right mind would spend £750 on a GPU without warranty? Even if a used 3090 was the same price as a new 3060, I'd choose the 3060 because of the warranty.

£150 is the max I'd spend on a used GPU with no warranty. If it breaks, it's worthless.

Soldato
I must admit I'm sharing the sentiment of holding off on upgrading out of spite now because we've all been screwed over for so long.

Last edited:
Associate
Who in their right mind would spend £750 on a GPU without warranty? Even if a used 3090 was the same price as a new 3060, I'd choose the 3060 because of the warranty.

£150 is the max I'd spend on a used GPU with no warranty. If it breaks, it's worthless.
I understand your point, but in my 30+ years of building PCs and near-obsessively upgrading and changing of GPUs, I've had maybe... 3 fail. And two of those were DOA. If a card had worked for a year without issue, it will likely work for three more at least. Also, it's not like you can't get a refund for the smallest whiff of an issue within 30 days.

My advice would be if you can't afford (the relatively low risk) of losing the money, get a new one.

Soldato
What's that in English? ;)

Since May the difficulty for finding an Ethereum block has been increasing; average block times of around 13 seconds has now increased to around 16 seconds. Coupled with increased energy costs around the world, mining farms are shutting down (many are asics). So transactions on the block chain are taking longer and longer. So with global hash power dropping

and block times increasing

The Ethereum devs roadmap for PoS is `in danger` as some mining tubers are saying; with the hash rate drop off and difficulty ramp up, and ofc the fall in price of ETH - the danger is mining collapses before PoS and ETH might fail . So to throw a bone to the miners that are left, the difficulty is being reset back to the changes in May.

Back
Top Bottom