• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Caporegime
7900XT would go nicely with your 5900X..... :D

Might well do, just barely game these days at all. I play 2 maps on battlefield 5, panzerstorm and provence and that's it, and sometimes that lasts 10 mins before i get bored and quit out. Not worth the outlay for it to be rendering windows 99% of the time the pc is in use.

Soldato
Vaguely tempted by the 7900xt, then I think about it and realise there's no point. I play the odd game of battlefield 5 maybe a couple of hours a week at most. The vega card I have handles it fine at 1440p. Looks to be a nice well built card but I don't game enough these days to justify it. =/

You can get an RX6750XT for under £280 and an RX6800 for just over £300. An RX6750XT will be around 75% faster than your Vega 64.

Caporegime
You can get an RX6750XT for under £280 and an RX6800 for just over £300. An RX6750XT will be around 75% faster than your Vega 64.

True, but the same thing applies. I like the idea of a new card but gaming is just 'bleh' to me these days. Think I'll wait to see if there's any games I like the look of later in the year, otherwise its just a pointless buy really.

Caporegime
I suppose,but Vega cards are now not supported by driver updates.

There is an updated driver that popped up last week I've yet to install, showed in the control panel as an update, not sure what version it is. Probably one of the last updates as I know they get the odd driver but none of the newer features.

Last edited:
Associate
RX7800XT for just over £400ish,RX6750XT under £280 and RX6800 just over £300 have popped up elsewhere on limited time offer. RX7900XT still under £600. Not so many reductions on Nvidia cards! :(
Yes, finally the kind of prices seen on the continent recently.

Longer term? A bit worried that the RDNA2 cards are all EOL, still those 7700 XT and 7800 XT prices shouldn't be EOL unless RDNA4 is far closer than we think.

Far more impressive recently are things like the Ryzen 5600 going as low as £90, but then CPUs have far higher margins and AM5 is still expensive.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
MSI Radeon have always been bang-on average anyhow (at best), won't be missed imo.

Agreed. Also don't like them as a company and avoid their products when I can.

Not a huge fan of any of these companies to be honest, but some are definitely better than others. Like for mobo's I would rather go Gigabyte than MSI or A$U$. And to be honest not a huge fan of Gigabyte either but they are the best of a bad bunch in my book and have UK RMA.

Associate
Agreed. Also don't like them as a company and avoid their products when I can.

Not a huge fan of any of these companies to be honest, but some are definitely better than others. Like for mobo's I would rather go Gigabyte than MSI or A$U$. And to be honest not a huge fan of Gigabyte either but they are the best of a bad bunch in my book and have UK RMA.
I've had good Tomahawk boards from them, I do like those boards. But swerve them for everything else.

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
I suppose,but Vega cards are now not supported by driver updates.
That was a essentially a lie made up by the tech media for clicks. Polaris and Vega were moved to a slower update cadence, but they're by no means unsupported. The most recent driver for Vega is 24.3.1, which was the most recent driver period until a few days ago when 24.4.1 arrived for the newer cards. All AMD did was drop the pretense that so-called "game ready" drivers do anything for these older cards, whereas a 980 Ti owner might still be dutifully updating every month in anticipation of performance optimisations for the latest games.

Soldato
RX7800XT for just over £400ish,RX6750XT under £280 and RX6800 just over £300 have popped up elsewhere on limited time offer. RX7900XT still under £600. Not so many reductions on Nvidia cards! :(
These are what the prices that should have been a year ago.

I wonder how many potential AMD customers just sucked it paid over the odds last year for Nvidia as AMDs pricing was just as bad.

Soldato
Just shows GPU costs have nothing to do with the current pricing:

Associate
To match AD104, this must be cut nearly in half.

Since AD103 is around 380mm² defect yields should be fine. Even considering parabolic yields (defect-free but can't hit clock, power, or voltage targets), the should be very few "natural" AD103 dies which can be used.

Therefore, they must be disabling otherwise "good" parts, mustn't they?

Nvidia have the volumes (and stingyness!) to seldom throw any dies away, but this did seem extreme.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

You really needed an article from videocardz to confirm your suspension? :p

It is a mixture of increased costs, inflation and most of all greed in the attempt to maximise share price.

Soldato
To match AD104, this must be cut nearly in half.

Since AD103 is around 380mm² defect yields should be fine. Even considering parabolic yields (defect-free but can't hit clock, power, or voltage targets), the should be very few "natural" AD103 dies which can be used.

Therefore, they must be disabling otherwise "good" parts, mustn't they?

Nvidia have the volumes (and stingyness!) to seldom throw any dies away, but this did seem extreme.

It's quite clear they could have sold the larger dGPUs for less and still made decent money.
You really needed an article from videocardz to confirm your suspension? :p

It is a mixture of increased costs, inflation and most of all greed in the attempt to maximise share price.

It can't be increased costs overall,when a much larger die can be sold at that price and they still can make high margins? The RTX3000 and RX6000 series were priced during a Pandemic! The cost of GDDR6 and most components were very high due to the disruption in China,etc and shipping costs skyrocketed. Since the end of 2022 the costs of all these have gone down massively,to compensate for any increased costs in the dGPUs. To put in context the RTX4070TI has a die size similar to an RTX3060 and the same 192 bit memory bus.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit,the large companies like Dell get these all for much lower than us gamers. For a long time it has been possible to get prebuilt systems and laptops for less than the retail prices of these parts separately.

Nvidia and AMD are taking the mickey with gamer pricing.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It can't be increased costs overall,when a much larger die can be sold at that price and they still can make high margins? The RTX3000 and RX6000 seires were priced during a Pandemic! The cost of GDDR6 and most components were very high due to the disruption in China,etc and shipping costs skyrocketed. Since the end of 2022 the costs of all these have gone down massively,to compensate for any increased costs in the dGPUs. To put in context the RTX4070TI has a die size similar to an RTX3060 and the same 192 bit memory bus.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit,the large companies like Dell get these all for much lower than us gamers.

Nvidia and AMD are taking the mickey with gamer pricing.

I am talking about GPU price generally over time.

And yes. They are taking the mickey and have been for a long time now :(

You just need to save up, wait and pounce when an opportunity presents itself. Not much else can be done.

I mean you can come on here and try and make people buying the over priced cards feel bad or something :p:cry:

Associate
I mean you can come on here and try and make people buying the over priced cards feel bad or something :p:cry:
I bought an overpriced card but I don't feel bad! The 4080 Super FE is a nice bit of kit, 160 quid too expensive at £959 though.

If NVidia had sold these at £800-850 from the start, they'd have sold loads more to gamers than they have.

Impressive card though, quite powerful yet runs 2800Mhz at 50 Celcius under load :eek:

But still too expensive, wouldn't have bothered if I didn't have another decent card to move on. Happy with the card, nowhere near as happy with the price..

Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I bought an overpriced card but I don't feel bad! The 4080 Super FE is a nice bit of kit, 160 quid too expensive at £959 though.

If NVidia had sold these at £800-850 from the start, they'd have sold loads more to gamers than they have.

Impressive card though, quite powerful yet runs 2800Mhz at 50 Celcius under load :eek:

But still too expensive, wouldn't have bothered if I didn't have another decent card to move on. Happy with the card, nowhere near as happy with the price..

Yep. Had they hit £799 I think I would have got one at release. That is the right price for that card in my opinion.

Instead I ended up with a 4070 Ti for £575. Lovely card. Runs between 120-140W in most games I play these days. It is usually running at 52-54C and that is with only a relatively small dual fan cooler.

Soldato
Might well do, just barely game these days at all. I play 2 maps on battlefield 5, panzerstorm and provence and that's it, and sometimes that lasts 10 mins before i get bored and quit out. Not worth the outlay for it to be rendering windows 99% of the time the pc is in use.

This is why I don't bother any more and have a 'Geforce Now Ultimate' sub, still rocking my Vega64 :)

I can now game on my iPad/Phone/PC/TV etc, for the 'casual' gaming I do it's more than enough!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom