Where are the 1000W PSUS? In fact PSUs in general right now

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I decided to join the hunt for one of these too as I dont want a failure then have to wait weeks/months to get a quality replacement.

Stock seems to be flowing somewhat but then the retailers dont get the shipment on time and regress back to 'preorder' status. Would be good for some insider knowledge regarding components in general like what they are learning is the hold up generally.

Soldato
£140 + del.
i think that place has dropped the price now but the stock is gone. the pre-order is open but due date is 30th July,

we are only at the end of Feb...a long long wait time.

tbh the last time it said it was waiting for stock, it was april. so they must have got some shipments and fulfilled the preorder.

was your order supposed to be delivered in April?

Caporegime
i think that place has dropped the price now but the stock is gone. the pre-order is open but due date is 30th July,

we are only at the end of Feb...a long long wait time.

tbh the last time it said it was waiting for stock, it was april. so they must have got some shipments and fulfilled the preorder.

was your order supposed to be delivered in April?
No I ordered it back in November! The 2nd ETA was Jan 15th after the December ETA was missed. Received 4th Feb. Haven't looked at the page since. Moved on to waiting for everything else :p

e: Interestingly, it's now marked as EOL on the place where I bought it. It's a brand new model so that's weird.

Soldato
Phanteks revolt pro is finally in stock in this country...been on my watch list forever! Picked up 850w for £125. That’s me sorted....

Soldato
Jesus I read the reviews on it and not so good. Although its made by seasonic there seems to be a lot mentioning doa or fried their rig, in two minds about it now.
Tbh I am not too concerned. The user review for the near month are all decent. And LTT has a PSU their list which indicate the tripping issue relates to pre-2018 models and that included seasonic focus models.
These are basically seasonic focus gold models I read somewhere.

Associate
I was all smug with my antec 1300w psu...
Until last night when it popped on start up, it tripped the fusebox:eek:

850w coming tomorrow, just hope it plays nice with my rig:rolleyes:

Soldato
Just plugged the phanteks in today. what a difference. same system went from 280w@socket to 230@socket. now i have lowered the GPU TDP to minimum so the total system draw at soclet is only 200w.

the hybrid mode is epic, totally passive. I got arctic P12 fans on my case whispering away at 600rpm and the GPU at 30% (50c GPU temp) which is 900rpm the only audible noise now is the GPU fan but that is not very loud either. it is like someone breathing...

very pleasantly quiet and efficient. although it will take 580days at the current usage to pay off the PSU with the energy saved :)

Soldato
Kinda want a seasonic or another evga psu as my current P2 1000w evga psu has a loud fan (known for it)... Need something abit quieter even in hybrid mode, its not as noticeable but i need something more silent!

Shame theres no stock anywhere... like zero, nada!

Soldato
Kinda want a seasonic or another evga psu as my current P2 1000w evga psu has a loud fan (known for it)... Need something abit quieter even in hybrid mode, its not as noticeable but i need something more silent!

Shame theres no stock anywhere... like zero, nada!
If you are after 1000w then there are very few around. But 850w seem to have stock now in a few places.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Just plugged the phanteks in today. what a difference. same system went from 280w@socket to 230@socket. now i have lowered the GPU TDP to minimum so the total system draw at soclet is only 200w...although it will take 580days at the current usage to pay off the PSU with the energy saved :)

Installed mine yesterday as I did a full clean and tidy the cabling up which I was meant to do ages ago. I have only noticed a 10w improvement over the previous 750w Gold Seasonic it replaced at the wall which I guess is testament to it (it was ~7 years old).

I originally wanted a 1000w unit but they have delayed shipments on most retailers so when the phanteks cropped up at £125 I had to bite at that.

Back
Top Bottom