Where do I stand?

Soldato
OP
Spoke to the GM today about the front splitter being damaged whilst in for the battery swap and its going to be repaired and painted and i'll have a courtesy car whilst its being done

Happy days

PS can I just say Fox, in a friendly way, maybe take a look at the way you put some things across, as they seem quite defeatist and in most cases with these things, its impossible to tell the outcome in any given situation, you almost put me off contact them to get this work done

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Tbh you left the garage knowing the issue was there, im surprised there going along with the repair.

Well they are, they can check their CCTV if they like, regardless its going ahead, I was lucky

I dont disagree, I should have done something about it there and then, but i've already explained why I didnt

Soldato
OP

The saga continues

So I drop my car off this morning, it was arranged a week and a half ago, I arrived at exactly 8:30am as discussed.
The service desk guy has no booking for me so I have to wait for the sales guy to come in, by 9:00am he comes to collect me by now its blatently obvious to me that they have not arranged this properly and have had to pull a car out of the showroom, to my epic delights its a 2010 Ford KA with delivery miles, oh the joys. By now i'm in a hurry as running late for the agreed time with work so I jump in it, get onto the dual carriageway and realise the fuel light is on

So now i'm driving a Ford KA for the next couple of days and I had to put fuel in it, also whilst I was waiting I noticed a sign that said courtesy cars are ten pounds a day admin fee! Yeah right!!! I'm looking forward to them asking me for that

I might request some fuel for all the incoveniance? If not at least my splitter will be repaired and a scuff on the underside of the splitter that was already there will also be painted [/brightside]

Soldato
OP
I meant half an hour than the agreed time at work, which if the dealer would have been on time as arranged, I wouldnt have been late but like I say, I got away with it so its not all bad. But yeah you are right, i'm one of those thats always in a hurry for no reason!

Yeah its for insurance or something. I think as long as they dont try to charge me for the courtesy car then i'll just let it slide. Its only been gone a couple of hours and I cant wait to get it back with a freshly painted front splitter and the original problem was the battery so i'm happy. Looking forward to buying some bits for it over the winter too

Soldato
OP
I was in a bad mood when I said that but thanks for the well wishes, I love the car cant wait to get it back and give it a proper detail now that the hose pipe ban has been lifted!

(Dont get the braking bit though!?)

DiamondMark, I'll get that tattooed somewhere :)

Soldato
OP
I got £500 off the screen price to be fair

Not sure what you mean about the rear bumper thats not a problem, the front splitter is being repaired because it was damaged whilst it was in getting the battery replaced

Soldato
OP
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that with all the other stuff going on, its barely noticable and should be easily sorted with some abrasive polish i'm honestly not to fussed on that but I see your point I could have got it done but meh, its a five year old car and thats its only imperfection paint work wise and like I say its barely noticable, I bet a lot of people wouldnt of noticed it at all

Back
Top Bottom