Where do you look for / sell motorbikes?

Soldato
I tried putting my bike on the bay to sell but with 2 days to go it was right down at £400, it should be worth much more. Other adds with bikes that where in much worse nick or with much less kit where double the price with twice as long to go. I was thinking of putting it on some other sites to try to sell instead as there is loads on the bay right now.

Bike is a SV 650 S 05 plate in red with 19k miles, 1 year MOT, no tax, FSH, new pirrelli tyres, braided hoses, fabbri double bubble dark screen, scotoiler, ventura luggage rack and Ventura spada 7 luggage pack, bike cover, R & G crash protectors, tail tidy, datatool s4 alarm, alphadot and also comes with some spares.

How much should I be looking for for it and has anyone tried pistonheads bikes section?

Bat

Bat

Associate
I always buy and sell bikes one eBay. The one exception was my first bike which I bought locally and sold for a profit on eBay. Just sold another on there for £300 more than I paid for it. IMO it's all down to how well presented the ad is. I bought my latest bike a couple of weeks ago and got a great deal because the ad was rubbish.

Do you have a link to the eBay auction you did?

Soldato
I'd only use ebay as a last resort if it didn't sell anywhere else for free.

1st choice has to be to put it on all the owners forum. First place I go when I want to buy a bike as there usually well looked after and have all the popular mods for that model.

Also I'd stick it on pistonheads, as its free.

There is also: http://www.motorcyclesupermarket.com, www.visordown.com and http://www.ukbike.com which are also free, I check them when looking for a new bike. But all 3 are a bit rubbish, ie broken search engines etc, but you might get lucky.

If it hasn't sold on any of the free ones then I'd probably put it on MCN, but it will cost £9.99.

If none of that worked I'd probably try autotrader and then the bay.

Bat

Bat

Associate
Ended add I think I was a bit too honest, I'm going to get better photo's at the weekend and then re-word it.

Ad looks good to me actually. Only thing that would put me off is the no tax, but that could be done at buyers expense of course. I'd personally be inclined to run it again.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I had a couple of messages through ebay where they miss-spelled over half the words asking to view and pay cash immediately :D

Associate
Ad looks good to me actually. Only thing that would put me off is the no tax, but that could be done at buyers expense of course. I'd personally be inclined to run it again.

No tax would put you off? No MOT I could possibly understand, but... :confused:

Bat

Bat

Associate
No tax would put you off? No MOT I could possibly understand, but... :confused:

Yeah. I think a bike being completely ready to ride away makes it more attractive. If the seller is offering in the auction to tax it at cost then that's no big deal.

Associate
Took me 2 months to get a reply from gumtree (bike market in jan tho... !) and then the gypsies started rolling in with their half price offers ...

Back
Top Bottom