• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Where to go from 470GTX Sli?

Man of Honour
Might be worth holding off on buying a GTX470 SLI replacement unless your in a hurry - if the rumours are anything to believe nVidia have enough salvaged parts from K20 production to produce 2 new high end models within the 225watt envelope "soon" as in sooner rather than later. W/ 384bit memory buses to boot which will automatically give them a boost over the 680 (word on the grapevine is there will be 2 new models one ~15% faster than the GTX680 with high availability/normal price and one ~30% faster with low availability and probably a premium price).

This isn't something I've kept abreast on developments on so it could all be a load of rubbish (this isn't the proper "GTX780" either).

EDIT: Only posting this now (its further to the K20 rumours that have been floating about) because I woke up to a snippet of news so I suspect we'll see people like Charlie posting about is soon if theres anything concrete to it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Nice one, was quite tempted by the DGM for playing Eve Online but got nowhere really to put it without getting rid of my main gaming monitor (120Hz) :(

Caporegime
Well a blagged a 7970 for £199 today plus the DGM 27" screen so the gtx 470's are going!
Nice un Greebo mate, very good price for the card. Take it you got in the door very quickly, (like a toe in the door seller lol):D The 7970 will be a nice upgrade, thinking of going either 120Hz at 1900x1080, or a larger res screen myself. Either way ill have to add another wf 670, but finding one that clocks as good as my current one will be difficult. Might have to go proven secondhand model.

Caporegime
Well got to strip my water cooling today and get the 7970 in, just got the monitor set up last night.

Very nice screen and enjoying the res but actually goint to miss my 16:10 nec 24" screen as it is still one of the best 24" screens ever made :(

Did a quick heaven run and tried BF3 last night. FPS on my old settings (ultra everything and 4xaa) but at the new res has now dropped to the 30's from the 60's I used to get. Thought that might be the case though. Glad I got the 7970 card to go with the screen.

Caporegime
Nice un Greebo mate, very good price for the card. Take it you got in the door very quickly, (like a toe in the door seller lol):D The 7970 will be a nice upgrade, thinking of going either 120Hz at 1900x1080, or a larger res screen myself. Either way ill have to add another wf 670, but finding one that clocks as good as my current one will be difficult. Might have to go proven secondhand model.

Got there for 7.30 which meant getting up at 4.30am but got one of the last 4 7970 cards but the dgm screens had all sold out at the silly price.

Decided I would buy one at the two offer of £299 but it scanned at the till at £199 and after checking with management they said it would be a hassle to change it on the system so my lucky day, the price stood at £199. :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Got there for 7.30 which meant getting up at 4.30am but got one of the last 4 7970 cards but the dgm screens had all sold out at the silling price.

Decided I would buy one at the two offer of £299 but it scanned at the till at £199 and after checking with management they said it would be a hassle to change it on the system so my lucky day, the price stood at £199. :D

Why I never get this luck WHY???? Nice :)

Back
Top Bottom