Where to learn how to build PC's

Associate
Hello,

Basically, I'm planning to buy a beast pc very soon. However, I realised that I could maybe save a lot of money if I bought all the parts separately, so I figured I should learn how to do system building.

So, I was wondering if any of you knew places where I could learn how to build systems (like courses or something). Even though many pages on the internet are useful for showing you how, I can only truly learn when it's hands on.

Many thanks,

Saul

Permabanned
Hi and welcome

If you read this thread it will help you understand the choices you have, what components to choose etc, and if you read the thread stickied at the top, system build guide, that shows you how to actually put one togethe, it really is quite simple, like lego really, alternatively YouTube also has numerous videos

good luck

Associate
OP
I take it you didn't read what I wrote.

"Even though many pages on the internet are useful for showing you how, I can only truly learn when it's hands on."

Meaning: I can't learn from just seeing pictures or videos, I need to be somewhere where I can see someone do it in front of me, then have them assist me on my practice rig.

Permabanned
Apologies, I did read, but obviously only skim read, afaik there arent any courses as such, as it would be a very short course, your best bet then would be to find someone you know who'd be willing to spend an hour or two with you and take apart an old PC and put it back together again

RJC

RJC

Don
Hello and welcome :)

Best bet might be to check your local college or education center for any course's on pc building.
My Local school does computer courses but I not sure if they entail building pc's.

Sorry I can't be more spacific :)

Soldato
The best thing, is to maybe take your current PC apart and put it back together again. It's not actually that difficult to do. The hardest bit I find, is getting the I/O shield in the case...and attaching cables to things in tiny spaces. The rest is all quite straight forward. I don't think you will really find a course in it, as most people don't build their own systems sadly.

Back
Top Bottom