• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Where to Next ?

Associate
I am looking to upgrade my pc

Currently i7 3770 non k
16gb ram
1060 6gb
512gb sdd
500gb SSHD

Not sure what route to go down Ryzen 1700 perhaps i do like good value for my money !

Cheers Ratty

Soldato
Dual DELL P2312h

At the moment Rust , War Thunder , Fallout 4 , As for budget i was thinking £400 maybe more as i should be able to make some off my old motherboard an CPU, Ram

Ryzen 1600 should see you right. Although fallout 4 does like intel. But seeing as you are at 60hz, it shouldnt be much of an issue.

Soldato
Best value for money right now is sit tight. You won’t benefit a lot moving over, RAM prices are crazy high so that will be a huge chunk of your £££ gone on 1 component.

Ryzen 1x00’s will start to fall in price soon due to the new ones in April (even then I’m not convinced a 1700 would be an upgrade without overclocking it).

Soldato
Best value for money right now is sit tight. You won’t benefit a lot moving over, RAM prices are crazy high so that will be a huge chunk of your £££ gone on 1 component.

Ryzen 1x00’s will start to fall in price soon due to the new ones in April (even then I’m not convinced a 1700 would be an upgrade without overclocking it).

Agreed, my 1700 is on par with a locked 4770 in games.
I've decided to let people "upgrade" and waste their money. Telling them that ryzen isn't an upgrade for any i7 over ivy-bridge is seen as me being an intel shill on this forum.

Caporegime
with your monitor no point also ryzen barely quicker.th only real upgrade would be the 8700k.but again with your monitor bit of a waste.

Associate
Agreed, my 1700 is on par with a locked 4770 in games.
I've decided to let people "upgrade" and waste their money. Telling them that ryzen isn't an upgrade for any i7 over ivy-bridge is seen as me being an intel shill on this forum.
It's hype more than anything that leads people take this route of "upgrade".

Soldato
Dual DELL P2312h

At the moment Rust , War Thunder , Fallout 4 , As for budget i was thinking £400 maybe more as i should be able to make some off my old motherboard an CPU, Ram

Ok,when you mean Fallout 4 is that because you are into settlement building?? My Xeon E3 1230 V2/Core i7 3770 has issues with Fallout 4 too,and the latest MS and Nvidia security patches have not helped,as I have large settlements and lots of NPCs and loads of mods.

If that is a yes on the large settlements,get an Intel Core i5 8400, even though on average the Ryzen 5 1600 is better value and probably a longer lived platform,since Fallout 4 is one of the worst games for Ryzen,as Bethesda apparently don't care on optimising for it.

To put it in context,my GTX1080 at qHD(twice the number of rendered pixels on screen than 1080p) is bottlenecked massively,and a GTX1080 is not double the speed of a GTX1060 IIRC.

Edit!!

OTH,it could be quite possible first generation Ryzen is bugged in the game,and the Ryzen APU with its single CCX or Ryzen+ will have better performance,so I would probably wait and see on those releases first.

Back
Top Bottom