Where to put a drain.

Associate
So I've had my Evolv X build on the go for a month now but I didn't have enough fittings available to include a drain. I'm nowin a position where I can get on with this but if you see the pictures adding one to the 'in' ort of my reservoir (which seems the most logical place) would be difficult.

I thought of putting an EK splitter there and having a ball valve point downwards however it would clash with the pump mount. Can I add the same to the out port of the reservoir, the one that goes directly to the gpu?

tDevUqB.jpg

oDlKoPJ.jpg

Soldato
It's mostly about aesthetics. If you can tuck your splitter out of the way, that's nice. Otherwise just put it anywhere you can physically fit it, near the bottom of the loop.

Are there any more ports in the rear of the pump top? My Alphacool Eisbaer has a second input in the back which I fitted a drain to and hide under the PSU shroud.

Associate
OP
Other than the top port no. I could that as the return and use the in port as a drain but filling the system then becomes a pain. My ocd is telling me to use the in port somehow but there’s no clear way to implement it with out looking gash. Maybe a new res. Annoyingly I swapped an eisbecher out for this EK plexi...

Associate
OP
That is pretty much what I’ll do. The res will be turned so the inlet is facing the side panel. I’ll then put a tee piece there with ports facing left and right. These will then have 90’s one going up to the rad and one going down to a ball valve. I won’t bother trying to use the cases drain location m, too much bother.

Associate
Cases have drain ports now? I just got hold of a 1000D, never noticed a drain port and its bloody expensive :(

I use those 5 way rotary fittings to put in a drain loop, drain valve with a 90 degree on it works well. I then have a flexible tube with a fitting that I screw in when I want to drain, the other end goes into a milk carton. I've put them on the bottom port of a gpu waterblock, a bottom rad or the 'in' port of a reservoir/pump combo in the past. I used to just use a T fitting with a quick disconnect on it in the past, that was nice too.

Back
Top Bottom