1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to start?

Discussion in 'Gaming Chairs' started by PatZ1989, Oct 7, 2019.

1. PatZ1989

Wise Guy

Hello, I am really wanting to get a proper "gaming chair" due to playing pc games quite a lot but also working from home and I just can't sit on my crappy office chair for these periods of time without my lower back killing me, but I'm just not sure where to start ,there are so many different offerings? OcUK sell the noblechairs etc but theres also all the direct sites and the ones affiliated with e-sports?

Is there a general knowledge in the area of what is best to buy and what is best to avoid?

Thanks

2. Bickaxe

Sgarrista

A good starting point is to actually try them. Overclockers have the majority in the store if you can get there.

3. ExRayTed

Underboss

And try not to fixate on 'gaming' chairs. I suffer with lower back pain hugely and bought a Herman Miller Mirra 2. What an amazing chair, sitting in it actually helps my lower back feel better after using it. Also as advised above, actually try them out. I would never have dropped the sort of money a good chair costs without trying them first. John Lewis normally has a few good ones to sit in.

4. Hilly

Don

you're best of trying them, if you can.

I have two noble chairs one of a previous generation and one of the newest gen (girlfriend uses one, I use the other) and in terms of gaming chairs nothing really comes close;

There are better ergonomically chairs out there, but these are usually silly expensive - but it depends how much you value your back! :p