Where to stay when going to the O2 Arena in London?

Soldato
Hey all, I'm not well versed with getting around in London.

We are watching a show in October, on a Thursday evening and plan on getting the train into the city and staying over night somewhere.

Any one done this and have recommendations?

I imagine getting around right after a major show is a nightmare but all part of it.

Was looking at a travel lodge but it's over the river and not within walking distance, so I guess there's a tube that takes you under or something

Any tips?

We will travel in from Westbury which takes us to paddington direct, or Waterloo if we change at Salisbury.

Going to head in early and would like to look around some of the sites etc

Thanks for any advice given

If you want to spend some time in London beforehand then you don't want to stay near the O2 as you'll have to travel across London to get there (the O2 is in South East London and not really near any attractions), drop your bags off and then get the tube back in the opposite direction, and then head back in the evening.

I'd suggest getting hotel near either Paddington or Waterloo, depending on where your train arrives. There is a Travelodge at Waterloo if that's what you're looking at. Both are well located for getting around the West End etc. and easy to get to/from the O2. Waterloo is better as its only a few stops on the Jubilee line.

Getting back on the tube after the show usually doesn't take very long. Maybe 15 minutes of queueing. The Jubilee line is pretty efficient.

Last edited:
If you want to spend some time in London beforehand then you don't want to stay near the O2 as you'll have to travel across London to get there (the O2 is in South East London and not really near any attractions), drop your bags off and then get the tube back in the opposite direction, and then head back in the evening.

I'd suggest getting hotel near either Paddington or Waterloo, depending on where your train arrives. There is a Travelodge at Waterloo if that's what you're looking at. Both are well located for getting around the West End etc. and easy to get to/from the O2. Waterloo is better as its only a few stops on the Jubilee line.

Getting back on the tube after the show usually doesn't take very long. Maybe 15 minutes of queueing. The Jubilee line is pretty efficient.

Thanks for that I agree with the point about going back and forth! May look to stay at Paddington, it's just all a bit confusing but I imagine once you are there it makes sense.

Which of the 2 stations above are better situated for potential touristy sightseeing?

Thanks for that I agree with the point about going back and forth! May look to stay at Paddington, it's just all a bit confusing but I imagine once you are there it makes sense.

Which of the 2 stations above are better situated for potential touristy sightseeing?
Waterloo but there's not much in it really. Once you're that close it's easy to get around to most places on the tube.

With that in mind I'll likely go to paddington from home as it's direct, save change over hassle then just tube in further when we get there. Can really stay anywhere at that point I guess

Back
Top Bottom