Where was bolt?

Soldato
Who cares, we have our own superstars to concentrate on instead of a guy who loves to label himself "legend". Even the IOC said he isn't a legend yet, but doesn't stop him chatting garbage.

Needs to take a good look at someone like Mo Farah and learn the meaning of humility.

NZB

NZB

Associate
Probably face down somewhere, or bonking in under 10 seconds.

Whatever he's doing he deserves it :)

Soldato
Who cares, we have our own superstars to concentrate on instead of a guy who loves to label himself "legend". Even the IOC said he isn't a legend yet, but doesn't stop him chatting garbage.

Needs to take a good look at someone like Mo Farah and learn the meaning of humility.

The IOC President said he's a legend, so which part of the IOC are you referring to?

Caporegime

Bolt is a legend. I'll be amazed if we see anyone match his achievements in our lifetime. Back to back golds in the 100m, 200m and 4x100m relay and simultaneous world records in all 3? Yeah, that sounds pretty legendary to me.

Soldato
Soldato
Steve regrave is a legend, not usain bolt. Maybe in another few olympics he'll deserve the title, but at the moment he doesn't. The IOC says exactly the same thing, and they know more about sport than any of us.

Soldato
I do think he needs to tone down his bravado... Although saying that, bravado seems to be common amongst 100 and 200m sprinters so maybe it comes with the sport?

Although in counter to this, it was nice that he thanked their training camp in the UK, although it wasn't him that instigated the thanks but Weir (whom seems very Humble).

Don't get me wrong, he is probably a great guy etc... but just tone it down a littler

Edit... For me, Michael Phelps is a legend! as is Steve Redgrave, however they are legends in completely different ways

Caporegime
How many sprinters in history have been competitive at 3 Olympics?

Here's the Wikipedia list of Olympic Athletics winners.

The short answer is not many. Barely any names appear in the top three even twice in a row. It looks like no one has defended the 200m before now. One American guy that I could see has won the 4x100m three times in a row.

Sprinters have a short window of Olympic success - 2 games at most, by the look of things. Bolt has done more than anyone within his window. I would already regard him as a legend for that reason. His success is already unprecedented. Three games would be nothing short of a miracle.

Caporegime
Steve regrave is a legend, not usain bolt. Maybe in another few olympics he'll deserve the title, but at the moment he doesn't. The IOC says exactly the same thing, and they know more about sport than any of us.

Fact is that sprinters usually only do a couple of olympics at best, so him doing a few more olympics isnt going to happen.

Whether you like it or not, Bolt is a legend...hes successfully defended both his titles 100 and 200m sprints and also helped Jamaica win the gold in the 4x100m relay.

Why you refuse to acknowledge that Bolt is a legend is beyond me, it seems to me your very much in the minority here.

I do think he needs to tone down his bravado... Although saying that, bravado seems to be common amongst 100 and 200m sprinters so maybe it comes with the sport?

Although in counter to this, it was nice that he thanked their training camp in the UK, although it wasn't him that instigated the thanks but Weir (whom seems very Humble).

Don't get me wrong, he is probably a great guy etc... but just tone it down a littler

Edit... For me, Michael Phelps is a legend! as is Steve Redgrave, however they are legends in completely different ways

Thats Bolt in a nutshell, hes not arrogant to the extent where people get put off by him. Hes a showman and takes great pleasure in meeting with his fans. Now compared to the American sprinters, i find them arrogant and cocky for my liking.

I hope if Bolt continues, he doesnt tone his behaviour down...he is what he is and most people love him for the way he is. I dont think him toning it down is part of his personality, he just doesnt come across that way. I mean in teh 200m finals he was having a laugh with a few of the volunteers, even fist-punched one of them as he went to his starting blocks...no one but Bolt could something like that and get away with it.

Back
Top Bottom