• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which 1070?

Associate
Out of the Palit cards, is there any one in particular to go for? I'm not bothered about the looks as it's not on display so can be as ugly as I am. What's the difference between the Gamerock and Gamerock premium other than stock speeds? Are the cards and coolers etc identical?

Soldato
Out of the Palit cards, is there any one in particular to go for? I'm not bothered about the looks as it's not on display so can be as ugly as I am. What's the difference between the Gamerock and Gamerock premium other than stock speeds? Are the cards and coolers etc identical?

The OC is the only difference :)

Soldato

Not sure why you'd go for any Palit 1070 over the Inno 1070 iChill X3.

Soldato
Yes. The JetStream cards also have an identical cooler, as do the Gainward Phoenix models. The only difference between them is the shroud.

Associate
The OC is the only difference :)

I see. Cheers.

Not sure why you'd go for any Palit 1070 over the Inno 1070 iChill X3.

Is the Inno card considered better? I'll take a closer look. I hadn't actually even looked at this one .

Yes. The JetStream cards also have an identical cooler, as do the Gainward Phoenix models. The only difference between them is the shroud.

Thought so, but wasn't certain.

Soldato
Is the Inno card considered better? I'll take a closer look. I hadn't actually even looked at this one .

IMO the best value for money 1070 is the Zotac AMP. It's £400 and has a 5 year warranty.

As for the Inno iChill x3, it seems to be up there with the best coolers on the market right now, and I think it is worth the £10 over the Palits, especially as that comes with an extra year's warranty too.

Associate
IMO the best value for money 1070 is the Zotac AMP. It's £400 and has a 5 year warranty.

As for the Inno iChill x3, it seems to be up there with the best coolers on the market right now, and I think it is worth the £10 over the Palits, especially as that comes with an extra year's warranty too.

Now I've spotted the Inno Herculez Twin X2. this is £30 cheaper and from what I read, most cards boost to similar levels anyway. So is the cooling power of the X3 worth the extra?

Soldato
Now I've spotted the Inno Herculez Twin X2. this is £30 cheaper and from what I read, most cards boost to similar levels anyway. So is the cooling power of the X3 worth the extra?

Tough to say - I haven't seen any reviews. Only thing I've seen about the card is a user review on Reddit.

I'd spend an extra £30 for a product that has been reviewed professionally given you;re already spending so much :)

Associate
Tough to say - I haven't seen any reviews. Only thing I've seen about the card is a user review on Reddit.

I'd spend an extra £30 for a product that has been reviewed professionally given you;re already spending so much :)

Yea I suppose. I'll crack open the Gin and make a drunken purchase later tonight :D

Thanks for your help.

Associate
Remember to check the length of the card you go for - neither the Zotac or the Inno would have fitted in mine. I basically went for the cheapest card with decent reviews and a guaranteed overclock that would fit. I ended up with th Palit super jetstream.
It's basically silent, clocks to 2037 stock (which drops to 1974 under stress).
I could get it to stay at 2000+ with some overclocking but dont need to ATM

Soldato
Yea I suppose. I'll crack open the Gin and make a drunken purchase later tonight :D

Thanks for your help.

Remember, your decision making skills increase with more Gin :D

That's what I tell myself anyway...

Remember to check the length of the card you go for - neither the Zotac or the Inno would have fitted in mine. I basically went for the cheapest card with decent reviews and a guaranteed overclock that would fit. I ended up with th Palit super jetstream.
It's basically silent, clocks to 2037 stock (which drops to 1974 under stress).
I could get it to stay at 2000+ with some overclocking but dont need to ATM

And height!

Soldato
Does anyone have the Gainward GTX1070 DUAL FAN?

Seems to be the cheapest non blower 1070.

Any good?

The Inno3D visually looks similar and comes with an extra year's warranty for the same price. So for those reasons I'd pick that over the Gainward.

However, this opinion still stands:

Back
Top Bottom