Which 1440p Freesync monitor?

Soldato
The 27" IPS Acer has 40 - 144hz freesync range. I had one for a bit before returning it (mine had more bleed than I would like) and freesync on it was great. tbh it's a bit of a lottery with all these panels and if those are your priorities I'd give it a go.

Soldato
OP
The 27" IPS Acer has 40 - 144hz freesync range. I had one for a bit before returning it (mine had more bleed than I would like) and freesync on it was great. tbh it's a bit of a lottery with all these panels and if those are your priorities I'd give it a go.

That is what I am noticing at the moment.

Seems to be a huge "rush to market" which has ultimately led to bad QC.

I am almost tempted to say **** it and just not bother for a gen or two. It is frustrating when you want to buy something but nobody has their **** together.

Does the Acer have any anti blur tech?

So far, my options are:

Acer XF270HU - AHVA Panel (IPS type) - 40-144hz Freesync range
ASUS MG279Q - IPS Panel - 35-90hz Freesync Range - Personally, I see that as being a derp by ASUS.
Eizo Foris FS2735 - Does everything but waay out of my budget.

Any others?

Are the TN variants "that bad"?

Last edited:
Soldato
The QC isn't due to rush, it's due to the intrinsically complex nature of the monitors. If it wasn't, then the Swift wouldn't have the same problems so many months on.

Btw, you can mod the MG279Q Freesync range to go higher if you want, but up the floor as well. Anyway, for the money, it's a banger.

Soldato
That is what I am noticing at the moment.

Seems to be a huge "rush to market" which has ultimately led to bad QC.

I am almost tempted to say **** it and just not bother for a gen or two. It is frustrating when you want to buy something but nobody has their **** together.

Does the Acer have any anti blur tech?

So far, my options are:

Acer XF270HU - AHVA Panel (IPS type) - 40-144hz Freesync range
ASUS MG279Q - IPS Panel - 35-90hz Freesync Range - Personally, I see that as being a derp by ASUS.
Eizo Foris FS2735 - Does everything but waay out of my budget.

Any others?

What you mean "that bad"? What is the "bad" you refer to?

I have an XL2730Z since last April and believe me is SUPERB, after configuration which is a doodle with the cable controller it has.
Vibrant colours, fantastic blacks, very sharp image, 40-144hz Freesync, 1ms panel.

And to add on top. BenQ RMA process and their maintenance subcontractor Repairtech in UK, have absolutely superb customer service. Took just over one week from the moment I submitted a problem with the monitor to replacement one. (which just turned on few minutes ago and using it right now).

Also when in summer had to upgrade to firmware V002 (there was issue with Freesync and AMA), it took them 4 working days to pick my monitor, update firmware and bring it back.

A small trip to 2730Z discussion, you will see a lot of praising for the monitor and the support provided by both companies, since all of us who bought the monitor before June 2015, had to go through RMA process to update the firmware (no longer the issue).
And all of us are happy giving the thumbs up.

Closing I cannot resist not mentioning the headphones bracket. :rolleyes:

So what at are you referring to when you write

Back
Top Bottom