Which 2 seater soft top would you pick?

Mic

Mic

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Nah, its a poor mans Honda NSX :rolleyes:
I get your point, but the NSX never came as a convertible. While you can get much better convertible porches than the boxter (id imagine, they all look the same tbh)

Man of Honour
Mic said:
I get your point, but the NSX never came as a convertible. While you can get much better convertible porches than the boxter (id imagine, they all look the same tbh)

The Boxster is the only mid engined Roadster in the Porsche range.

It is no more a poor mans Porsche than a Ferrari 360 is a poor mans Ferrari 599.

Mic

Mic

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
The Boxster is the only mid engined Roadster in the Porsche range.

It is no more a poor mans Porsche than a Ferrari 360 is a poor mans Ferrari 599.
Ah i am mistaken then. I had assumed there would be at least ONE mid-engined 911. Guess they really dont mess with the original design then.

Associate
timbob said:
Jag, Jag, Jag, Jag.......(fades into the distance.....).....

Let me join in!

Jag, Jag, Jag...

Seriously though, you could get a 1999 (maybe 2000) XJR convertible for your budget.

With 370bhp from a 4.0 litre supercharged V8, it does the 0-60 in 5.3 seconds, even with an automatic box.

Not even the 3.2 boxster with a manual box can beat that.

Go out and try out as many cars as you can though.

Out of the cars you originally listed, the Z4 interests me the most though, i agree with most of the other posters that a 350z, elise, and S2000 just aren't special enough when looking at other cars that you could get for the money.

Man of Honour
OP
richolmes72 said:
Let me join in!

Jag, Jag, Jag...

Seriously though, you could get a 1999 (maybe 2000) XJR convertible for your budget.

With 370bhp from a 4.0 litre supercharged V8, it does the 0-60 in 5.3 seconds, even with an automatic box.

Not even the 3.2 boxster with a manual box can beat that.

Go out and try out as many cars as you can though.

Out of the cars you originally listed, the Z4 interests me the most though, i agree with most of the other posters that a 350z, elise, and S2000 just aren't special enough when looking at other cars that you could get for the money.

As much as I love the look of those specs, the bit of my brain that still has an ounce of sense left is screaming "Running costs!" at me. I don't think I could afford to run something with a 4.8 supercharged V8. Since I'll still be 21 if and when I change cars I can see insurance being a problem too. I've been doing a bit of calculator work and things will be tight enough with the cars I've mentioned. Insurance, fuel economy, service costs and general maintenance have all been taken account of and I just might be able to run something like the XJR but if something major went wrong with it I'd be screwed :(

With regards to the Boxster being the 'Poor mans Porsche', I wouldn't be buying the Boxster for the badge. When I buy a new car it will be for its performance in all areas as I happen to like the looks of all that have been mentioned. I still have some maths to do as the Boxster will probably be the most expensive to run with regards to insurace and servicing.

Thanks for the replies, it's given me plenty to think about. I'll have to make some appointments for test drives :)

Man of Honour
The_Dark_Side said:
you're kidding?
the door handles on the 350 look like they cost 50p/side

Nope, the porsch and BMW look absolutley disgusting..

I wouldn't choose any of them but out of those 3 the nissan wins..

Back
Top Bottom