Which AIO Cooler?

Associate
Hi,
I'm planning to build a i7-9700k on a gigabyte Z370I mobo in an EVOLV SHIFT X.
I've had a corsair h60 for several years in my current PC and I like how tidy it is etc so I'm leaning towards an AIO water cooler. If my graphics card supported a custom waterblock i would love to do a custom loop but since i bought a non reference card thats not an option!

I'm currently thinking of the corsair H115i Pro but i'm not sure if there are better options out there for the same/similar money?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
is there much difference performance/noise wise between a 240 vs 280mm?
yes, due to larger radiator area. you can run fans at lower speeds (lower noise) for the same cooling, or run them at same speed (same noise) for better cooling. or a combination of the two.

Associate
OP
In that case I'm best looking at the be quiet option since if/when i change my gfx card and add a waterblock its unlikely that a 240mm radiator would be enough to cool both a i7-9700k and a decent graphics card?

Man of Honour
In that case I'm best looking at the be quiet option since if/when i change my gfx card and add a waterblock its unlikely that a 240mm radiator would be enough to cool both a i7-9700k and a decent graphics card?
all aios have thin rads. i wouldn't run a cpu+gpu combo on an aio, regardless of the radiator size. the pump capacity is just too low.
you'll also need to mod an aio to fit the gpu block in - except for the alphacool, which has QDC fittings.

Associate
OP
Are there any decent custom loop kits out there for a similar price to the cost of a premium AIO or would I be better buying individual components?

Associate
OP
Just looking as it appears Phantek (who make my case) do a lot of watercooling bits except radiators or pumps!
I think given that my gfx card will actually be mounted behind my motherboard that most standard AIO that are modular to allow for the inclusion of a gfx card wont work due to the extra distance involved.
I have a feeling my options are CPU AIO or full custom.

Associate
OP
Right... an hour of research later, turns out i can fit either a 280mm radiator, or a 240mm and a 120mm radiator...
As such, would a 120mm radiator be enough to cool an i7-9700k to leave the 240mm slot for a future AIO for gfx?

Soldato
Tbh if you're looking at future expansion it would make more sense to build a proper custom loop.

Create a cpu loop with the biggest rad, best pump and reservoir then later when you come to w/c the gpu it'll just be a case of draining, adding to the loop and refilling.

Back
Top Bottom