• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which air cooler for 5800X3D

Phantom Spirit is available for under £45 and has an extra heat pipe.

Things like that don’t always mean better performance, the way chips are laid out now days can make a cooler that looks good run like crap.

But TBF under gaming load the AMD rgb cooler can keep the chip in check so any 120mm single or dual tower cooler will be ok.

Things like that don’t always mean better performance, the way chips are laid out now days can make a cooler that looks good run like crap.

But TBF under gaming load the AMD rgb cooler can keep the chip in check so any 120mm single or dual tower cooler will be ok.
Yeah, tests show its pretty much the same as the PA in terms of temps

You should go up in steps. All chips will do -30 but it can affect boost speeds.
I guess that goes without saying but you can quickly establish what this chip is capable of as the boost itself is locked down anyway. I'd be surprised if it wasn't capable of hitting 4.45Ghz boost at -30 but it should hit it at other increments too.

You should go up in steps. All chips will do -30 but it can affect boost speeds.

Doesn't work probably on my Asus board, starts boosting to crazy speeds and temps go nuts. I've tried doing it through the bios and though software in windows and it's the same with both.

I can undervolt by 0.056 so it's not crazy hot now, only an issue in CPU intensive tasks which doesn't happen all that often tbh

Doesn't work probably on my Asus board, starts boosting to crazy speeds and temps go nuts. I've tried doing it through the bios and though software in windows and it's the same with both.

That’s what’s it’s supposed to do.
Dropping the temps should give the cpu headroom to boost more.

People say I have -30 and it can still to XXXghz… but it should do more. Try -25 and so on.

The cpu will always boost its nuts off that’s what it’s made to do. My 5800x would auto boost to 4.95ghz with a CO of -11

PS120 also has a large base plate than the PA120 so should do better with x3d chips at a guess?
Not really, it’s all about the concentration of heat pipes over the hot spot.

But like said. Both will be spot on and work fine.
When I first googled the ps123 it showed me a single tower. But my sone used a thermaltake burst assassin with his 5700x and it was fine. The 5800x/x3d are not really that much hotter under normal use

Last edited:
That’s what’s it’s supposed to do.
Dropping the temps should give the cpu headroom to boost more.

People say I have -30 and it can still to XXXghz… but it should do more. Try -25 and so on.

The cpu will always boost its nuts off that’s what it’s made to do. My 5800x would auto boost to 4.95ghz with a CO of -11

The temps are increasing too much though.. which the exact opposite of what I want..

Back
Top Bottom