Which budget case holds a million fans ?

Permabanned
So I dont quite want a million in there but i have a really really cheapo case to house my file server at the moment and its way to hot even with 6 80mm fans in there

ideally i want a case which will hold 2 120mm at the back and 2 at the front minimum really

I need to get the server temp down as its crashing every 10 minutes or so as it is

i currently have a single cd rom in there and 5 standard 3.5" IDE drives but am fast running out of space so will probably buy 2 more shortly

future expansion would be nice.

I really am out of the PC game now and am not up to date on what is available.

If this case can be found for less than £40 that would also be nice.

It doesnt have to be amazing quailty or easily accessable as once built it will sit hidden for most of its life :)

main computer is sat in a chieftec case which whilst big enough doesnt hold any 120mm fans and i feel it doesnt have the best airflow.

current temps or server are 66oC CPU IDLE 44oC hdd pretty much idle

Associate
For what it's worth I have found that even vanilla cases with 1x 120mm in/out can cool as well as a fully 80mm loaded Chieftec.

I swapped a rig out recently from an Antec Plusview to an Enermax Chakra and the cooling performance is just as good, and much much quieter.

What about the cheapos with 120mm in/out and the 250mm side panels???

One of them may do the trick.

Soldato
Aerocool baydream, coolermaster stacker (original) copy available within your budget.

http://www.aerocool.us/p-case/masstige/masstige.htm <similar thing

Fits 5 HDs as standard + 7 5.25" devices but I think the CM 5.25 to 3.5 adapters work with it, if not spacers should be quite cheap. Comes with 2x120mm fans, 3x80mm fans and modding two more 120mm fans to the front (or using the CM kits) would be quite easy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom