Which Canon MegaTank printer? G3560 or G650

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Advice and input wanted, please.

I've finally conceded to get a new printer after my family have continued to complain after the last one died about a year ago. I was put off getting a new one due to the hassles of inkjet cartridges, but I'm liking the look of the Canon MegaTank range. I'm tired of telling the kids to think twice before printing (especially with big pictures) because of the cost of ink. It has to be wireless, so I'm focused on the G3560 and the also looking at the G650.

• G3560 - £200, 4 ink system, £38 for a full ink replacement, theoretically giving 6000 mono and 7700 colour pages - advantages: faster print speeds, cheaper to purchase and run
  • G650 - £215, 6 ink system, £73 for a full ink replacement, theoretically giving 3700 mono and 8000 colour pages - advantages: better photo prints

The family will use the printer for general home and school work, B&W and colour printing. The G3560 is clearly best for this use!

I will also print photos to hang on the wall around the house, though I am not a photographer! Photos taken with phones plus we have digital originals from family weddings, and a couple of sessions with a local studio taking family photos. This is why I'm considering the G650 with the extra ink colours specifically to make the best of photos.

However, I cannot find a single review directly comparing a Canon 4 tank printer versus a 6 tank printer for the current generation of MegaTank printers. Does the G3560 print very good photos and the difference with the G650 is negligible, so I go with the cheaper printer? Should I really focus on the G650 if I want to print photos for display around the house?

Back
Top Bottom