Which ceiling mounted APs

Associate
Looking to add a couple of ceiling mounted access points in the house, they will be wired in, though ideally POE rather than needing a separate supply.

Been considering the Unifi Ubiquiti AC-Pro but anyone have any alternatives?

Soldato
Do you really see the 6-L being available in sufficient volume and at a decent price point compared to the AC-L in Q1-2? I’d love it if Ubiquiti proved me wrong, as like many others, I have upgrade plans for my first gen AP’s and AP-Pro, but I suspect it’ll be quite a while before the prices settle down and availability doesn’t suck. In the mean time an AC-L is a solid performer for a reasonable price, but WiFi 6 is a big step forward, not just for ‘new’ devices, but also legacy kit.

Soldato
I’m just not recommending anyone buys the older UniFi AC access points at the moment. There’s nothing wrong with them but the UAP6-Lite is £90+VAT list price. Basically the same as the AP-AC-LR and a bit cheaper than the AP-AC-Pro. The UAP6-Lite is going to be the next big thing and I wouldn’t want the OP to be looking at his WiFi speeds in 6 months time thinking “I wish I’d just waited a couple of months”. If you want one, get your order in.

Associate
OP
thanks for the heads up on the Unifi6 units! didnt realise they were available. ordered a couple from them direct, doesnt appear to suggest any stock shortage? will wait to see what their order email says though :)

Back
Top Bottom