• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

which cpu up to £80

Soldato
GinG said:
can you not sqeeze another £20 and get the intel 6300 @ 1.86ghz?

You WILL not look back!

Errrrr make that an extra £55 once you add in a cooler.

For stock I doubt the difference would be that much compared to the extra outlay. (although it would depend heavily on what you use the processor for).

Soldato
indeed it does, if you tell us what board you are running we can better spec you a cpu? we don't even know what socket your running lol :confused:

as the old saying goes "help us help you!"

Associate
Loads of reasonable priced cpus around now that will all quite happily run current programs. Eg all of the pentium 4 range, the lower end of the dual core range, all single core A64's on both 939 and AM2 if you shop around.

Conroe was good not just for the rich(er) people who bought it, but for skinter people like me who could afford reasonable chips after it brought prices right down.

Ish

Ish

Associate
OP
sorry i should have said it can be any socket as the mobo has not been purchased yet.

Needs to be able to run all of todays apps and some gaming as well.

Last edited:
Associate
At that price range I would either:

Go AM2 and get a 3800+

or

Go 775, get the mobo and drop in a £50 or so Pentium 4 in until you can stretch to a conroe/the prices comes down.

But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
Soldato
oweneades said:
Errrrr make that an extra £55 once you add in a cooler.

For stock I doubt the difference would be that much compared to the extra outlay. (although it would depend heavily on what you use the processor for).

Sorry, i thought he was asking for a chip, not chip and cooling.

Back
Top Bottom