Which G-Sync Gaming 4K Monitor with HDR should I buy?

Associate
OP
Might sounds silly but what I’d strongly advise you do is measure out on a bit of scrap cardboard a 43” 16:9 display and stick it on the front of your current monitor. Have a look to see if you are comfortable with that size cos 43” is a lot bigger 32” like a hell of a lot.
I have a deep desk so this can be moved back, I will also have to change my sitting position back a little but it's do-able and it has a nice bit on the front for placing controllers etc.

Associate
OP
Yeah not bad @ £1300, VA instead of IPS and one is not better than the other. Thought you'd have to pay more to be fair. I think you'll be pleased with that. :cool:
Thanks :) yeah I was starting to feel like there was nothing that would do the job! Im going from Predator to Predator and the brand is fairly good so no complaints.

Soldato
Thanks :) yeah I was starting to feel like there was nothing that would do the job! Im going from Predator to Predator and the brand is fairly good so no complaints.

Tonnes of features, motion sensor so turns on when you walk into the room! A remote, and that atmospheric lighting will help with low lighting the room.

You can also buy extended warranty up to 4 years from Acer, the warranties were half price a couple of months ago, keep an eye out.

Associate
OP
Tonnes of features, motion sensor so turns on when you walk into the room! A remote, and that atmospheric lighting will help with low lighting the room.

You can also buy extended warranty up to 4 years from Acer, the warranties were half price a couple of months ago, keep an eye out.
Thank you much appreciated and I will do. Going to get this ordered in the next day or so, still waiting on my new Gaming PC to be build so got another few weeks.

Associate
Did you end up getting the Predator CG7?

I fits my bill spec wise, but then I read and see all the issues with bad ghosting....which is awful for fast pace FPS games.....just wondered if you had the same issues?

I would go for the new LG OLED's...but 48 inches and burn in put me off as a PC monitor.

Associate
OP
Did you end up getting the Predator CG7?

I fits my bill spec wise, but then I read and see all the issues with bad ghosting....which is awful for fast pace FPS games.....just wondered if you had the same issues?

I would go for the new LG OLED's...but 48 inches and burn in put me off as a PC monitor.

Hi,

I will be ordering it this week.

Ive not seen any bad reviews for it if I’m honest, none by any reputable sources. Many say it’s the best in the larger screen category for 4k.

Associate
OP
Ok, will be interested to hear your feedback...as it does seem perfect if ghosting isn't an issue.

no problem at all I’ve seen a lot of bad reviews on Amazon for instance but many from key reviewers who give you an overall and honest review. Many of the bad Amazon reviews are down to people moving from small to large or having isolated incidents with the monitor they have received. I’ve always kept clear of those reviews as that is really just down to their expectations or what they want from a monitor. Every monitor has flaws and that’s inevitable but if it does at least 90% of what you want from a monitor then it’s worth it. Getting something that ticks all boxes seems an impossibility!

Associate
no problem at all I’ve seen a lot of bad reviews on Amazon for instance but many from key reviewers who give you an overall and honest review. Many of the bad Amazon reviews are down to people moving from small to large or having isolated incidents with the monitor they have received. I’ve always kept clear of those reviews as that is really just down to their expectations or what they want from a monitor. Every monitor has flaws and that’s inevitable but if it does at least 90% of what you want from a monitor then it’s worth it. Getting something that ticks all boxes seems an impossibility!

Hey - have you received this yet? Interested to hear what your impressions are, particularly whether the size is manageable.

To put this into context, I'm looking for a new monitor as I'm finding my 27" 1440p 60Hz to be a bit lacking, plus I think the panel might be on the way out. I want something bigger and faster and almost certainly wanting 4K for photo editing, watching videos etc. There doesn't appear to be anything 32" that exceeds 60Hz at 4K, which leaves these 43" jobbers but then they are BIIIIG. I'm intrigued as to how people are using 43" screens in practice - sitting a long way away (my desk is 65cm deep, although I can push back a bit for gaming), not using fullscreen for day-to-day work/emails/internet etc? I think the side-to-side viewing would be fine, but it's the top-to-bottom bit that would seem to be a stretch. And does everything work in practice, as I'm reading you can't get 4K, 144Hz and G-Sync all at the same time, so what is the "best" you can push it to? [Edit: 4K, HDR, G-Sync, 120Hz on single DP or HDMI cable seems to be the answer here]

Associate
OP
Hey - have you received this yet? Interested to hear what your impressions are, particularly whether the size is manageable.

To put this into context, I'm looking for a new monitor as I'm finding my 27" 1440p 60Hz to be a bit lacking, plus I think the panel might be on the way out. I want something bigger and faster and almost certainly wanting 4K for photo editing, watching videos etc. There doesn't appear to be anything 32" that exceeds 60Hz at 4K, which leaves these 43" jobbers but then they are BIIIIG. I'm intrigued as to how people are using 43" screens in practice - sitting a long way away (my desk is 65cm deep, although I can push back a bit for gaming), not using fullscreen for day-to-day work/emails/internet etc? I think the side-to-side viewing would be fine, but it's the top-to-bottom bit that would seem to be a stretch. And does everything work in practice, as I'm reading you can't get 4K, 144Hz and G-Sync all at the same time, so what is the "best" you can push it to? [Edit: 4K, HDR, G-Sync, 120Hz on single DP or HDMI cable seems to be the answer here]

Hey!

It arrived today, but I won't be able to use for a few weeks yet until my new PC arrives :( I can say though...the box is bigger than my LG 55" TV!

I will let you know as soon as I have it setup :)

Associate
Hey!

It arrived today, but I won't be able to use for a few weeks yet until my new PC arrives :( I can say though...the box is bigger than my LG 55" TV!

I will let you know as soon as I have it setup :)

Well you're bloody annoying! :p

I might just go for it in any case. I mean what do I have to lose?

Associate
OP
I have the monitor now setup and I've been using it, can't see any issues at all that people seem to mention. It is for me the perfect gaming monitor and really not as massive as I anticipated, I think anything bigger would be a no go but it is a stunning piece of kit. Lighting that comes with it is a pain and should really have instructions but thankfully I'd already seen the youtube videos of this and have sticky strips to setup. Absolutely love it.

Back
Top Bottom