Which Gaming Mouse Mat ?....

Associate
Hello all,

I have around £50 to spend on some things from OCUK I have decided to spend around £10 on some mods. And im thinking of buying a joystick for Battlefield 2 is it worth getting one for flying planes if so which is a good one. I was thinking of getting the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick (GC-002-LG) Seems good has the same sort of design as the Wireless version. I also want a good mouse mat for my mouse which is a Logitech MX518 Gaming Grade Mouse. I always have it at 1600DPI in games with the windows mouse sensitivity on high and the in game mouse sensitivity set on low. I have around £40 to spend on both a Mouse mat and a Joystick.

Thanks.

Associate
The best gaming mouse pad by far and Ive tested them all has to be the S@S Steel Pad , very nice mat , great size and use the mouse surfers provided you cant go wrong , good price too .

Steelpad S&S Mouse Pad (GS-006-IC)

Price: £12.50

Soldato
Fa1nT said:
The best gaming mouse pad by far and Ive tested them all has to be the S@S Steel Pad , very nice mat , great size and use the mouse surfers provided you cant go wrong , good price too .

Steelpad S&S Mouse Pad (GS-006-IC)

Price: £12.50
I second that. I use it with my MX510 (same body as MX518) and it works very nicely. You'll find that many people on here will recommend it. As said above, you can't go wrong for the price.

Associate
OP
Thanks Guys, Any ideas for the joystick is it worth it for Battlefield 2 or is the the mouse and key board better. Does the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick (GC-002-LG) work with Battlefield 2 ?.... lol.

Soldato
Which mat are you going for ?

Yh that joystick should work :)

TBH I wouldnt bother getting a joystick to fly the planes with, unless you fly them a hell of a lot.

NqR

NqR

Associate
i had been using both(icemat+s&s).
Icemat was getting dirty VERY easily,the paint below the class was getting off(the mousepad was looking good after this) and it produces a disturbing sound when using it.Not to mention the price
Trust me,steelpad s&s is better.

Associate
OP
Seem like its the Steal Pad I will get. I might as well get the joystick if i have the money for one i normally do fly planes when im playing with my clan on a Battlefield 2 server.

Soldato
I just ordered the Steel Pad S+S :D

Im going to use it with my MX 1000 Laser Mouse, apparantly there have been reports of it not liking this mouse lol,

But i just read a review where the MX 1000 is used on the S+S , and they had no such problem :D

Soldato
Steelpad S&S :cool:

steelpad2ty.jpg

Soldato
Ok so its a plastic top :)

My mat arrived yesterday btw lol..

It felt a little grainy and low quality at first..

So i added the pad surfers which were included , and it felt a bit better.

Now ive got slightly used to the mat, im finding mouse control a lot better..

The grainyness of the mat tends to help, not hinder :)

Awp'ing people in css became a doddle last night :D

EDIT : This might sound odd. But does anyone here Polish their mat ??

Associate
dread base said:
Hello all,

I have around £50 to spend on some things from OCUK I have decided to spend around £10 on some mods. And im thinking of buying a joystick for Battlefield 2 is it worth getting one for flying planes if so which is a good one. I was thinking of getting the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick (GC-002-LG) Seems good has the same sort of design as the Wireless version. I also want a good mouse mat for my mouse which is a Logitech MX518 Gaming Grade Mouse. I always have it at 1600DPI in games with the windows mouse sensitivity on high and the in game mouse sensitivity set on low. I have around £40 to spend on both a Mouse mat and a Joystick.

Thanks.
steelmat and mx510 bundle are bloody awesome, cost me £33 or so including delivery and its smooth as hell (play a lot of bf2/css). nice texture on the mat too (and its bloody massive!)

Back
Top Bottom