Which host for multiple sites/packages

Soldato
I know it's been done to death a bit and there is a sticky but I wouldn't mind having a bit more feedback due to what I'm planning on using it for.

I'm currently doing a lot of development for Magento based stores so I was looking at a host that would allow multiple live stores (3-4 for testing, 2 of them "live" with customers currently) alongside a couple of Wordpress sites, image storage and backups. I've looked at vidahost and tsohost and both look very similar with what they offer but I'm a bit worried with the bandwidth limitation what happens if I go over this as I was planning on backing up all my photos (RAW files) online too.

I did sign up to UK2 originally as they offered pretty much the same but "unlimited", when tested with a 12gb file the transfer speeds were great and I had no issues at all, however they no longer support Magento which I thought was a bit odd. I don't have anything against UK2 and their support/refund process has been fantastic but I need somewhere that can host Magento (even my free x10 account managed for a while before the traffic got heavy).

Ideally I'd like to keep it £5-7 a month but if there's a great package out there I don't mind spending. Thanks.

Vidahost fully support Magneto. (they've got servers with SSDs if I remember rightly).

So Magneto will really fly with them.

If you go over your allowance your site will not go off or anything like that .. what's happened to me is that I get a nice email saying how much it's used and can i pay the bit extra or upgrade the account?

Very nice company to host websites with. Totally recommended

Back
Top Bottom