Which hosting service?

Soldato
I've been to and fro with TSO Host. The file access speeds (and CPU speed) of their cloud services were painful a few months back, to the point where it took several minutes to uncompress a Wordpress theme or 30 minutes plus to make a backup of a 1GB site, but I have to say I've been impressed of late. It takes probably a third of that time to do those tasks now - not as good as the usual cPanel hosting, but then it's much cheaper too.

It goes without saying that their support is strong and quick.

My only remaining complaint is that I'm not convinced that Google Apps DNS is working properly (several sites state an email address is not valid, though their support maintain its set up properly).

Man of Honour
Thanks everyone :)
My only remaining complaint is that I'm not convinced that Google Apps DNS is working properly (several sites state an email address is not valid, though their support maintain its set up properly).
Check on something like Whatsmydns and if anything looks wrong send over a ticket with the info :)

Associate
I recently used Vidahost and am really impressed on how fast it is. In addition, the support is great with tickets been replied to within 20 minutes usually. Price not too bad either.

Associate
DO's plans are slightly cheaper and I've read several criticisms of Linode's security after a couple of serious breaches by hackers. I am no position to know if DigitalOcean are any more secure but over the two I chose to go for DO.

Soldato
Recently started using GreyNode for hosting a small website (http://www.greynode.co.uk). So far so good, cheap cPanel hosting from what I can see.

Not sure i would use them when they can't configure Box Billing to match the plans and currency listed on the website. Plus, it'd be nice to see the Box Billing SSL'd even if they're using PayPal as the payment gateway.

Back
Top Bottom