Which is a good online game?

Associate
Hi all i have played unreal tournament online ever since it came out and i wondered is there another game as good as this. I love the deathmatch game type but i just fancy having a go at something else until the new UT3 comes out, so any suggestions, or are they all team based games. Be great to get a suggestion from a fellow UT player as you will know what's great about the game online.
many thanks in advance
PS. i have never played call of duty or is it called battlefield as i know these are popular.

Permabanned
defcon

for the win , if your looking for something different get the demo its fully functionall and you can playing online, just not host

or medieval II is pretty good

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
BF2 is the best online game out there in my opinion and has been since over a year ago when it was released. Personally i have played it since day one and still play it now, i was up till past 2am playing it last night :o
I am obviously bias as this game has been so good to me and suits me but still the variety offered is brilliant. I must have logged 1400 hours on this game and still cannot see an end to it. Shocking but without doubt great value for money, especially nowadays as it can be bought cheap. Still loads of servers up and loads of people on them. There is also still a steady stream of new players joining the ranks.

Just checked hours logged and it's 1581hours :p What can i say, I love the game.

Man of Honour
FEAR: Combat - free and pretty good :)

It's not the kind of game you can play for years (months, yes) but it should keep you occupied for a while and it's control/ctf modes are really enjoyable. Ditto with FFA, but you need a change now and then.

To be honest, as a Quake/UT player, I think you might want to steer clear of the Battlefield/CoD/realism FPS games. I find realism games fairly tedious at times and until you get used to it, quite infuriating if you're used to being able to run around, all guns blazing :)

So, good ones are prob:

Quake 3 (or 4...though there's no community for 4 really), FEAR, UT2k4 (not sure on the community for this one?), Warsow?

That said, I did enjoy BF2 for a bit...so..who knows ;)

Soldato
malc30 said:
BF2 is the best online game out there in my opinion and has been since over a year ago when it was released.

Seconded - no other game gives me the joy of a couple of hours BF2 online. It's not over-complicated and all down to skills and practise and knowing the maps a bit.

I also have BF2142 but don't like it at all and hardly play it. Although it's graphically a better looking game, it just doesn't do it for me...

Associate
EVE Online

WoW was fun to play but it was full if kiddys so ended up closing my account.

EQ2 was allright, bit repetative but the guild i got involved with was great so i still log in to chat.

Company of Heroes is fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom