• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which is faster

Soldato
Depends on what for. If an application can use more than 4 threads, the i7 wins, otherwise the Q9550. If you are running several things at the same time, on balance, the i7 wins.

Soldato
I agree that the Q9550 @ 3.6 will be faster than the i7 @ 2.66 in most circumstances. However, if you have the cooling to get a Q9550 up to 3.6GHz, then you should be able to give the i7 a decent overclock too (maybe ~3.3). In that case the i7 should be faster in all situations.

Associate
crazy comparison. cpu's can only be compared clock for clock really. The i7 can hit good speeds on the stock cooler so why would you run it at stock if you have the expertise to take a core 2 quad to 3.6?

Associate
crazy comparison. cpu's can only be compared clock for clock really. The i7 can hit good speeds on the stock cooler so why would you run it at stock if you have the expertise to take a core 2 quad to 3.6?

Thats what i was thinking, seems a pretty silly comparison.

Back
Top Bottom