• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which is the best processor for High performace games like Warcraft, GTA 5

Soldato
Personally i would go Ryzen

The current intel is bad spends imo at the moment. given AM4 socket will be here for at least the next couple of generations of Ryzen it also means you can just upgrade your CPU without a mobo change, we all know this will not be the case with Intel.

Im playing GTAV @4k on a Ryzen 5 1600x and its over 60fps all the time and its certainly the GPU limiting things over the CPU. as an all rounder the Ryzen is a better processor if you do any multi tasking or video editing etc. in games its a close call but as newer games come out and with the Xbox one X and PS4 pro being multi core AMD chips im sure games are going to be more and more multi threaded in the future so a 6C/12T or 8C/16T ryzen will last longer.

I have been a long time Intel fan and Ryzen is my first AMD chip for over 10 years and im mighty impressed. yes i might get an extra couple of frames spending more on the top end intel chip but its not going to last as long as Ryzen/AM4 in my opinion. Plus its nice to have something different and support AMD in bringing competitive products to market. I use Vegas video editing suite and it smashes my 4790k

Games wise it is better than my 4790k in most tittles. i would suggest a decent cooler as i find they are warm chips.

Genuinely curious as to what games the 4790k loses to ryzen.

Associate
Genuinely curious as to what games the 4790k loses to ryzen.

Well the only Tittles i have tested are; (both systems running a 980ti and on 16gb ram although ryzen DDR4)

Battlefield 1 = Exactly the same
Crysis 3 = Ryzen wins by a good 5/10fps
Rise of the Tombraider Ryzen wins by a few FPS maybe 5
GTAV = 47790k wins by a good few frames @ 1080 although @4k its so close
Arma 3 = the same

These results i dont myself just to see, I did not use any fancy benchmark software and just took an average. Its worth nothing the 4690k has a small overclock and the 1600x is stock.

The biggest gap i would say is GTAV @ 1080p the i7 wins by 10 or 20fps but in both cases its well over 100fps so meh, but the gap narrows at 4k.

This is of course my own findings with no proof to back this up and i dont have time to record it all and have nothing to prove any way as both systems play game perfectly well and visually i cannot tell the difference between the two systems. I get no stuttering on either system what so ever so am really happy with both systems. the only downside to the ryzen is the cost of RAM as i wanted Samsung B-Die so went with the 8 pack stuff that costs a fair bit but it ran at the advertised speed out the box.

as of performance today its really 50/50 depending on tittle in my experience but this will depend on what games you play i guess. maybe with a overclock it would get much closer to the 4790k. Its a bit unfair as my 4790k does have a bit of a clock but less since i took the water loop off.

I still feel that AM4 is going to be a better bet than intels currently available offerings. maybe Costa-Lake will change this. I take no sides in this game i own both intel and AMD CPU's and Green and red graphics cards. I just buy the best bang for buck at the time. Ryzen was a purchase due to interest and it seems to offer brilliant value. Of course if your streaming your games too then its a no brainer to go ryzen.

Soldato
Well the only Tittles i have tested are; (both systems running a 980ti and on 16gb ram although ryzen DDR4)

Battlefield 1 = Exactly the same
Crysis 3 = Ryzen wins by a good 5/10fps
Rise of the Tombraider Ryzen wins by a few FPS maybe 5
GTAV = 47790k wins by a good few frames @ 1080 although @4k its so close
Arma 3 = the same

These results i dont myself just to see, I did not use any fancy benchmark software and just took an average. Its worth nothing the 4690k has a small overclock and the 1600x is stock.

The biggest gap i would say is GTAV @ 1080p the i7 wins by 10 or 20fps but in both cases its well over 100fps so meh, but the gap narrows at 4k.

This is of course my own findings with no proof to back this up and i dont have time to record it all and have nothing to prove any way as both systems play game perfectly well and visually i cannot tell the difference between the two systems. I get no stuttering on either system what so ever so am really happy with both systems. the only downside to the ryzen is the cost of RAM as i wanted Samsung B-Die so went with the 8 pack stuff that costs a fair bit but it ran at the advertised speed out the box.

as of performance today its really 50/50 depending on tittle in my experience but this will depend on what games you play i guess. maybe with a overclock it would get much closer to the 4790k. Its a bit unfair as my 4790k does have a bit of a clock but less since i took the water loop off.

I still feel that AM4 is going to be a better bet than intels currently available offerings. maybe Costa-Lake will change this. I take no sides in this game i own both intel and AMD CPU's and Green and red graphics cards. I just buy the best bang for buck at the time. Ryzen was a purchase due to interest and it seems to offer brilliant value. Of course if your streaming your games too then its a no brainer to go ryzen.

Thanks for your input :) Myself I noticed pretty much no difference from a 4770 but minimums are certainly better on ryzen.

Associate
yea its all much of a much and neither CPU is maxed out by the GPU at all. both systems of mine the GPU is at 99% during gaming. would like to think Ryzen is only going to get better with time. would have been nice to see higher overclock's achieved. out the box even if it meant liquid cooling only but 4ghz seems to be a brick wall and even thats a golden chip. lets hope the next gen ryzens get a decent little boost to keep intel on their toes.

Soldato
yea its all much of a much and neither CPU is maxed out by the GPU at all. both systems of mine the GPU is at 99% during gaming. would like to think Ryzen is only going to get better with time. would have been nice to see higher overclock's achieved. out the box even if it meant liquid cooling only but 4ghz seems to be a brick wall and even thats a golden chip. lets hope the next gen ryzens get a decent little boost to keep intel on their toes.

My 1700 has trouble maxing my 1070 out in forza horizon, its all over the place.
Never tried it on my haswell though so cannot compare.

Associate
My 1700 has trouble maxing my 1070 out in forza horizon, its all over the place.
Never tried it on my haswell though so cannot compare.

I can run asseta corsa flat out no issues at 4k and that gets my gpu hot! By far the hottest of all games and loads the cpu to 40/60% depending how many players/ai are about. But i dont have forza so cant comment on that game. Might grab it as always been tempted by it. Not compared asseta but it runs just as well to the eye on both systems. My only issue is im running the ryzen system in a stupidly small case so im seriously thermally restricted.

Back
Top Bottom