which is the very best razerblade 15 advanced model for 4k games

Associate
hi im after buying a razer blade 15 advanced 4k laptop

i want the very best version of the razerblade 15 advanced for playing games and films i want it to able to have the best 4k screen plus play all 4k games currently out there at max resolution setting when playing 4k games i want it to have the thunderbolt 3 port so i can update the gpu as well thanks marcus
ie whats the best version razer blade 15 advanced for this plus that can run the very latest vr games and films as well at max specs i want to use my oculus quest 2 on it plus my rift s as well thanks i want this paticular version to show of the very best 4k visual experience for games and films and vr with the very best screen on it so which version is best for this

aldo can you think of any other laptop in the same price range that can outclass the razer blade 15 advanced edition in what i have asked for any suggestions thsnkd

Soldato
There are plenty of laptops that offer a higher spec for less or the same money as a razer product. Razer produce high end laptops with great design, little or no chassis flex and primarily that’s where your money goes. Cheaper laptops with better spec are available but they generally look awful and feel cheap.

To answer your first question if your set on a razer blade just choose one with the best RTX gpu you can afford. Even the top rated 3080 isn’t much cop compared to its desktop counterpart so don’t go in with high expectations.

Associate
OP
in your opion what would you go for in the same price bracket if you was to choosa a laptop thanks i want a top notch visual screen 4k
i want the very best visuals for 4k gaming and for vr films and games i want rank no1 in visuals when playing games and films and i want excellent sound quality as well i want to run all 4k games currently out there with max 4k setting set up on the games and laptop what would be your no1 choice thanks im into blockbuster action movies and games sci fi and horror i want it to play music extremely well and for streaming as well

Soldato
I wouldn't go Razer Blade if you want the best performance at 4K.
If you want 4K OLED then currently I'd suggest the Alienware M15 R4 (not the R5 or R6, they are lower quality alienware laptops.) Or wait for the new X-series Alienware - details due to be released on the 1st June.
If you're not bothered by OLED then I'd suggest either the Alienware M17 R4, or the MSI GE76 (Although these are both 17 inch laptops).

Honestly though, If you're not bothered by OLED, then I'd recommend the Legion 5 Pro. 1600P QHD+ 16:10 Display with GSync.
It's not 4K but at 16 inches 1600P looks great.
I've tried both the Razer Blade Pro 17 w/ 3070 (£2600), the Alienware M15 R4 w/ 3070 (£2300) and I still prefer the Legion 5 Pro (£1500).

If you want 3080 graphics then I'd suggest the next model up, the Legion 7. That comes with a RTX 3080 with a TGP of 165W - higher than the Razer Blade 15 which I think has a TGP of 90W.

Soldato
in your opion what would you go for in the same price bracket if you was to choosa a laptop thanks i want a top notch visual screen 4k
i want the very best visuals for 4k gaming and for vr films and games i want rank no1 in visuals when playing games and films and i want excellent sound quality as well i want to run all 4k games currently out there with max 4k setting set up on the games and laptop what would be your no1 choice thanks im into blockbuster action movies and games sci fi and horror i want it to play music extremely well and for streaming as well

For sound quality get a see all separates av system.

As for price per FPS go for desktop, with gaming laptops you're paying far more for lesser spec, and you can't upgrade them

Is there a reason why you're set on a gaming laptop? Do you take it to gaming events?

Soldato
None will come even close to your expectations.

Either get a desktop or seriously lower your expectations.

Soldato
Yeah a good TV soundbar wees all over laptop "sound quality"

The vivobook I have is ok for volume and high frequency but it has no bass or midrange. It's basically a couple of 1cm drivers.

Associate
There isn't a laptop made that will play all 4k games currently out there at max resolution settings. Laptop RTX 3080s are much slower than their desktop counterparts.

I have a Razer Blade 15 Advanced. Razer laptops are extremely well made, but as others have written, you can buy faster laptops, it's just that they're generally bigger, uglier and not as well made. The RTX 3080 in the Razer has a 90W TGP, while other manufacturers are offering RTX 3080s with up to 165W TGP, a big difference. You'll find a comprehensive list of all laptops featuring the RTX 3080 along with their TGPs at https://www.notebookcheck.net/Compr...U-along-with-corresponding-TGPs.517977.0.html

There are very few manufacturers selling laptops with 4K OLED displays. Off the top of my head, there's Razer, Alienware and Gigabyte. If you widen your scope to FHD and QHD IPS displays, then you could consider laptops from manufacturers such as Lenovo, XMG, Eluktronics, MSI and Asus.

I suggest you either need to accept you won't be able to game at maximum settings at 4K or buy a laptop with an FHD or QHD display, which you will be able to max out.

For audio, I use an Audeze Mobius headset, which sounds great. Headphones are essential for a gaming laptop to drown out the fan noise while gaming!

Soldato
There isn't a laptop made that will play all 4k games currently out there at max resolution settings. Laptop RTX 3080s are much slower than their desktop counterparts.

I have a Razer Blade 15 Advanced. Razer laptops are extremely well made, but as others have written, you can buy faster laptops, it's just that they're generally bigger, uglier and not as well made. The RTX 3080 in the Razer has a 90W TGP, while other manufacturers are offering RTX 3080s with up to 165W TGP, a big difference. You'll find a comprehensive list of all laptops featuring the RTX 3080 along with their TGPs at https://www.notebookcheck.net/Compr...U-along-with-corresponding-TGPs.517977.0.html

There are very few manufacturers selling laptops with 4K OLED displays. Off the top of my head, there's Razer, Alienware and Gigabyte. If you widen your scope to FHD and QHD IPS displays, then you could consider laptops from manufacturers such as Lenovo, XMG, Eluktronics, MSI and Asus.

I suggest you either need to accept you won't be able to game at maximum settings at 4K or buy a laptop with an FHD or QHD display, which you will be able to max out.

For audio, I use an Audeze Mobius headset, which sounds great. Headphones are essential for a gaming laptop to drown out the fan noise while gaming!

A proper audio system will do that also and have proper surround sound and better bass.

Whether you want dual 18" subs though..

Soldato
Problem with laptop speakers is they are the size of your thumbnail and just don’t have the physical depth to remotely sound good.

The good thing about headphones is the speakers are the size of your thumbnail and have the physical depth to sound amazing!

er….

Back
Top Bottom