Which ITX case?

Associate
Ive spent the last several days researching cases, for my 1st SFF build,

I have the following parts to install,
EVGA RTX 2070 super Hybrid XC (120mm AIO)
Corsair SFX 750 PSU
Ryzen 3600
MSI B450I GAMING PLUS
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz, DDR4, DRAM 32 GB (2 x 16)

but finding the right case hasn't been easy, what with them either been hard to get in the US, or kickstarter cases that have finished production and no news of the next phase!

im trying to keep to the SFF build ethos, and personally want it as small as possible, but practical as well, i know i could crunch it all in a 50 pence piece, but the thermals are gonna hurt!

my initial plan is to have a case that can fit my GPU 120mm AIO and in the 1st instance have the CPU air-cooled, but if it doesn't work go with a 120/140/160mm AIO , like a Kraken M22/X42 for example,
so need a case that can accommodate that,

anyone fitted two 120mm AIO's side by side ?
the only 2 cases i found for my purpose so far and actually Overclockers stock, nice :)

DA2
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/streacom-da2-mini-itx-case-silver-ca-05h-sr.html

Ophion EVO
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/raij...-itx-case-black-tempered-glass-ca-03v-rt.html

with these
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/raijintek-ophion-evo-aluminium-side-panel-set-black-ca-040-rt.html

the Da2 is £199, but if you want a real USB TYPE-C 3.1 GEN2 front AIO its yours for an extra £20 or so, not to mention the price for extra case brackets, which im still waiting on Streacom to reply to, so thats gonna push north of £230

However, a lot of good reviews on YouTube especially from Optimum Tech and Linus

the EVO is around £135 incl the ALI side panels, which is a bonus,

but although there are some YouTube reviews out there, could not find one review including the ali side panels,

anyone own either can shed some light on which one is better ?

£106 (incl. VAT)
£85 (incl. VAT)
£27 (incl. VAT)
£20 (incl. VAT)
Soldato
The DA2 is guaranteed quality, but you have to pay extra for glass panels and acrylic panels (You really need these). I had the Evo Matx version, very good case.

Associate
OP
The DA2 is guaranteed quality, but you have to pay extra for glass panels and acrylic panels (You really need these). I had the Evo Matx version, very good case.

Thanks for the help

Are you saying the DA2 would look better with the windowed panels ? hmmm I like them on the Ophion evo but also like the ali ones, i personally would be buying the DA2 looks wise as is, i like the hidden style, suits it,

are you saying you own the Ophion EVO Matx case ? thats bigger than the NZXT 200 then ? eeek my little SF750 cables would struggle reaching the corners in either, hence why i ditched thinking of getting the NZXT, but nice looking case,

Soldato
Have you bought the other parts yet? Seems like it's the hybrid GPU that's really limiting case choice here.

For the Ophion, there are some user reviews of the alu side panels on Reddit. They don't seem that favourable. Might be worth just buying the case as-is and seeing how you get on?

Soldato
Thanks for the help

Are you saying the DA2 would look better with the windowed panels ? hmmm I like them on the Ophion evo but also like the ali ones, i personally would be buying the DA2 looks wise as is, i like the hidden style, suits it,

are you saying you own the Ophion EVO Matx case ? thats bigger than the NZXT 200 then ? eeek my little SF750 cables would struggle reaching the corners in either, hence why i ditched thinking of getting the NZXT, but nice looking case,
It is one of the most compact ones around for matx, fits a 360 rad as well. But you will need these: https://streacom.com/products/dx2-pap/ Buy them direct from streacom, the glass panels can be bought here from (Not allowed to say)

Associate
OP
It is one of the most compact ones around for matx, fits a 360 rad as well. But you will need these: https://streacom.com/products/dx2-pap/ Buy them direct from streacom, the glass panels can be bought here from (Not allowed to say)

thanks for the heads up on the matx evo, something to consider

Have you bought the other parts yet? Seems like it's the hybrid GPU that's really limiting case choice here.

For the Ophion, there are some user reviews of the alu side panels on Reddit. They don't seem that favourable. Might be worth just buying the case as-is and seeing how you get on?

yep all parts bought, to be honest, you are right re the hybrid gpu, but it’s a no brainier if it can fit in a SFF case, the temps in my Alienware graphics amp we’re shockingly low, like 45deg c while gaming ,

yeah I did think for the money I might plump for the ophion and if it’s not great, then get the DA2, but the DA2 is probably perfect for my needs, just wish it was just a bit cheaper

Associate
OP
https://www.sliger.com/products/cases/

they do have an EU distributor ... ££££ BUT DAMN!

yep looked at the SM 580,

like you said lots of money, everyone raves about the S1 ghost, I noticed looking at one on optimum techs videos, it was such a slight angle but you could see the bowing between the top hat and the case, so even the most revered cases have there issues

I’m gonna order the DA2 today I think

Soldato

like you said lots of money, everyone raves about the S1 ghost, I noticed looking at one on optimum techs videos, it was such a slight angle but you could see the bowing between the top hat and the case, so even the most revered cases have there issues

If you want a Ghost, then it is £350 with a tophat. You have to go through an agent, legit but expensive and the only way. Louqe do not give a **** about equality.

Associate
OP
If you want a Ghost, then it is £350 with a tophat. You have to go through an agent, legit but expensive and the only way. Louqe do not give a **** about equality.

It’s a shame as there are some good clones out there like the sliger etc but just as unfortunate they are not much cheaper lol

anyway screacom has my money now :)

Soldato

IIRC, no 120mm AIOs fit at the front due to the PSU placement. Bit of an "oops" on Lian Li's part really, as it means you can't do dual AIOs, or even an air cooled CPU and AIO on the GPU. But then, they didn't design the TU150 to be flexible. They designed it to take a big air cooler on the CPU and a chunky cooler on the graphics card.

Thanks for all your input guys, ordered the DA2 today, from overclockers im proud to say,

Looking forward to getting my build started :D

Let us know how you get on. Been tempted by a DA2 since release.

Last edited:
Soldato

modded my Silverstone Console case to take dual 240mm aio and ATX mobo instead of ITX in 16 litres of space :D want it done right, got to do it yourself :D

Associate
OP
modded my Silverstone Console case to take dual 240mm aio and ATX mobo instead of ITX in 16 litres of space :D want it done right, got to do it yourself :D

Ha Ha you nutter, thats pretty die hard, did you post your progress ? , be good to see,
my plan is to get my DA2 build done, then once my building confidence is back, im goona look out for a project, im currently watching a Zaber Sentry Mini-ITX SFF PC Case V1 on an auction site as we speak, once i get down the road with a few upgrades, will keep leftover parts aside to see if i can squeeze them in my project, would love a mid/high end gaming machine that small :)

Let us know how you get on. Been tempted by a DA2 since release.

its arriving tomorrow, plan is to start it next week, I've got some extra vertical and horizontal brackets coming, as watching/reading reviews it could do with some extra ones, and also have a Type-C USB 3.1 Gen2 Cable for the front connector on the DA2 coming, as the one in the case is 3.0 !! very odd but there you go, so want to be prepared ! for now going to be using the included standard wraith cooler for the cpu, and see how it goes, and also once everything else is fitted, i can work out what size AIO i can fit for the CPU if needed, or if its not worth it then get a bigger air cooler,

Associate
OP
Back
Top Bottom