Which Keyboard and mouse?

Soldato
Looking for full size mechanical RGB keyboard with macro keys with either Red or Speed switches and a mouse.

USB, not wireless if that helps and mouse grasp is palm.

A USB hub on the keyboard would be nice but not a clincher.

My research as led me to the K95 keyboard but it seems the lazy "goto" choice.

No idea on the mouse.

Budget, £250.

Thanks for any pointers.

Associate
I love to recommend the Logitech G502 mouse to people, got one myself and it’s brilliant for gaming. I’m a plam grip too and it’s comfortable for me. Definitely worth a look at imo

Soldato
OP
I love to recommend the Logitech G502 mouse to people, got one myself and it’s brilliant for gaming. I’m a plam grip too and it’s comfortable for me. Definitely worth a look at imo

It looks a little fugly and uncomfortable.

Is it more comfortable than it looks?

In someways, looks similar to a G303 which I use. Has macro buttons on the G502 though which is nice.

Edit:

The more I look at it, the G502 seems a winner.

Just the keyboard needed now.

Many thanks @YXZF

Associate
It looks a little fugly and uncomfortable.

Is it more comfortable than it looks?

In someways, looks similar to a G303 which I use. Has macro buttons on the G502 though which is nice.

Edit:

The more I look at it, the G502 seems a winner.

Just the keyboard needed now.

Many thanks @YXZF
I love my corsair K95, just saying.

Associate
I guess the looks is a personal preference thing, depends if you want all the extra buttons on it too. I must admit I didn’t think it was the best looking when I bought it but it grew on me.

Yeah, it’s definitely comfortable for me but maybe if you have big hands you’d want something wider. It’s a popular mouse though so maybe someone else can chip in with how comfortable it is for them

Associate
I have the Logitech G502 and while it's a nice mouse, for extended gaming it is uncomfortable in my (medium sized?) hands. Size wise, large Marigold gloves are slightly loose while Medium are too tight for my hands. I am more comfortable with my old Roccat Kone XTD which has a higher ridge (G502 ridge is a bit flat for my comfort). Personal preference at the end of the day.

Soldato
OP
G502 or M65 PRO RGB?

Are these too close to cal?

The Rival 600 looks good but not sure if worth the premium over the G502 or M65 which are already good mice.

Last edited:

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I run a K95 Platinum (Speed Switches) & Corsair M65 Pro, both of which I can highly recommend.

Associate
The Rival 600 looks good but not sure if worth the premium over the G502 or M65 which are already good mice.

You might want to check out some reviews as they are hailing the Rival 600 as the perfect mouse. It’s gone straight into the Number 1 spot on Rocketjumpninja’s top 40 mouse reviews.

Best

Wulf

Associate
Another consideration is Roccat, they do some excellent mice. I’ve always found them to be very comfortable and accurate in use, ymmv of course. Always liked the look of their mice but again ymmv, so subjective I’m afraid.

Best

Wulf

Associate
Sad to say i got the Asus ROG Claymore Kb also, but mine was all about aesthetics, i got that mayan bug, i was thinking of the spartha but the force on that is not that strong. regarding the detachable part, mine been okay but at the same time i do have it all set up on an oversize ROG mouse mat.....lol

Soldato
I have the Logitech G502 and while it's a nice mouse, for extended gaming it is uncomfortable in my (medium sized?) hands. Size wise, large Marigold gloves are slightly loose while Medium are too tight for my hands. I am more comfortable with my old Roccat Kone XTD which has a higher ridge (G502 ridge is a bit flat for my comfort). Personal preference at the end of the day.

I find the opposite. I used to have a Mad Catz R.A.T 7 (or was it 9?) and because you could change the size I had it set to the maximum extent possible. It was the best mouse I ever used (apart from the fact that the build quality sucked, it broke after a year or so) so I spent ages looking for a decent replacement and didn't find anything that was similar. In the end, I got the Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, and while it isn't perfect, it is better than most of the other mice I have tried. At least it is a reasonable size. I can't stand small mice.

Back
Top Bottom