Which keyboard switch type do you prefer?

Associate
I have a corsair k70 keyboard with red switches but thinking of a change but wondering whether to change to a different switch type, ie the new cherry mx speed or maybe browns.

what do you guys use/prefer.

Last edited:

Kei

Kei

Soldato
I prefer MX brown, though I feel I might actually prefer MX clear with the higher actuation force but they are harder to come by. There used to be switch samplers available where the whole range of switch types / forces were on a mini board you could test and find what you liked.

Man of Honour
I stick to MX Blacks - they aren't ideal for typing but almost the best I've ever found for FPS gaming - I had an older keyboard with something similar to MX Clear which was better but they are very rare.

Associate
have used cherry for nearly two decades but they aren't even close to other switches these days. i like smooth linears switches at the moment like Kailh box reds or pandas which are buttery smooth compared to cherry. For tactile I'd go zealio or topre.

Soldato
Browns are generally the best middle ground if you want a board that's good for typing on as well as gaming, which is why they're generally my preference.

There are some similar switches out there that are better, but they're generally quite rare and/or expensive.

Soldato
Another vote for MX Browns here :) I don't play FPS games on PC so no need or want to go for Black switches so the Brown is perfect for work and the strategy and survival games.

Soldato
Browns is my preferred switch (cherry mx) However I've just gone back to cheap low profile membrane wireless keyboard. After 3 years of wired mechanical I don't actually think it benefitted me at all over what I used prior to using a tue mechanial ( Definitely don't get any noticeable improvements to gaming) I can type faster and easier when the keyboard is really slim (still have it angled)

Associate
I am not a touch typist, I only use two fingers for typing and I tend to hit the keys quite hard.
I also use my keyboard for FPS games.
As such, my preference is for Cherry Black switches.

Back
Top Bottom