Which laptop maker makes the best laptops?

Soldato
I'm looking to get a cheap gaming laptop but I'm confused about all the available choices. I don't mind paying a premium for a well regarded brand.

Can someone recommend a brand to go with? I'd like to be able to run Linux on it as well.

One advantage of buying from Lenovo is that you can spec the laptop without Windows and save (usually) £90.
But you need to define 'cheap', especially when you initially ask for 'best'.

One advantage of buying from Lenovo is that you can spec the laptop without Windows and save (usually) £90.
But you need to define 'cheap', especially when you initially ask for 'best'.
Thank you. Yes I saw that when I was playing around with the configurator.

I'd ideally like to be around the £1k to £1.5k mark in terms of budget. Nearer to £1k would be best.

In that case I'd go with the Legion Slim 5 Gen 9 16" AMD. Would be in the middle of your budget unless you insist on an RTX 4070.
Another vote for Lenovo here. Build quality seems decent and not been destroyed by the 10y/o yet - which is normally a good indicator.

+1 for Lenovo. Seems like they've really got a grip on the market at the moment, but there's no denying how great their laptops are. In fact, there's a few sales at the moment:

Legion Pro 5i with 4070 - £1400

Legion Pro 5 with 4070 - £1500

Legion Slim 5 with 4070 - £1321

If you're after something cheaper, they have the LOQ range, which is more budget focused. There's an RTX 4060 model going for £780 for example.

Last edited:
Lenovo are probably still the best option. Get an AMD spec Legion, which will usually have a decent screen and upgradability.

I do like ASUS laptops but they have a history of terrible customer support.

Back
Top Bottom