which lens

Associate
right, i have narrowed down my selection to a sigma 70-200 F2.8 and a canon 70-200 F4 L

which one would you guys go for??

will be used for motorsports photography and general sports use and some animal photography.

Soldato
You already know my view - Go for the Sigma lens !!
Fit a 1.4x extender turning it into a long, fast wildlife lens :)

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
From what I have read, the 2.8 is the lens to go for. Every bit the optical match for the canon but faster. If you plan to use it for portraiture-syle shots of animals those extra stops make all the difference.

Not sure about any build quality issues with the more expensive Sigmas but be aware there could be some so if you do go down that route triple-check the lens for focussing accuracy / sharpness asap!

Associate
OP
this may sound a little cheeky but does anyone have a spare canon money back voucher for the 70-200 F4 and the 100-400 that they will not be using that is still valid??

cheers

Associate
OP
another question lol :o

does anyone know if you can use canons cash back vouchers when you buy imported lenses from either the us or hong kong??

cheers

ant

edit : im 99% certain im now going for th 100-400 L :D

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
antc said:
another question lol :o

does anyone know if you can use canons cash back vouchers when you buy imported lenses from either the us or hong kong??

cheers

ant

edit : im 99% certain im now going for th 100-400 L :D

The promotion runs in the following 15 countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. For the cashback to apply, the products on the listed in Section 2 must be purchased in either of those 15 countries.

http://canonextrapromotion.onlinerebates.com/terms.aspx

Associate
OP
mmm....

in that case i could probably buy then lens in the uk and if i can get my hands on a money back voucher it would cost near enough the same price as importing

best price i have found for the 100-400 is 1069.99

Soldato
Broadbandplacey said:
is there anything stopping no 30d owners using that form?

do you have to prove you bought a 30d when applying for cash back on a lens?

cheers

It does mention that as a "new 30d owner" you should ghet a booklet but it doesnt state anywhere in the T&C`s that you need to have bought a 30d or proove a purchase, also the cash back claims form doesnt ask for any proof of a 30d purchase

ive asked for a booklet, as the one i got with my 20d was already expired :/

Associate
OP
JBuk said:
It does mention that as a "new 30d owner" you should ghet a booklet but it doesnt state anywhere in the T&C`s that you need to have bought a 30d or proove a purchase, also the cash back claims form doesnt ask for any proof of a 30d purchase

ive asked for a booklet, as the one i got with my 20d was already expired :/

didnt ask for any proof at all when i was filling in the form.

tbh i think canon would be silly not to send the voucher book out to people as if you are asking for one you are obviously about to spend some money on canon products.

we will see anyway, mine should hopefully be here in the next 10 days so i will post up again if/whem it arrives

Associate
OP
i ended up going shopping today and stumbled across a camera shop :)

said camera shop had a few of the lenses i was looking at in stock and gave me a 20d to try them out with.

after about an hour of playing around i was walking home with a 100-400 L IS in my bag :D

safe to say this will come in handy for the motorsport season.

taken a couple of test pics in my garden with it and im blown away with the quality compared to my sigma 70-300 dg macro

im off to donnington again tomorrow for a track day so should have my first set of shots with the lens so will post some up for critique

Back
Top Bottom