Which memory for this board & cpu

Associate
Hi looking for help on which memory to go for with a Ryzen 5 2600 with a MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon ac board 16GB is all I know at the moment ?
Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Bump for this I have my parts apart from the ram, so could someone recommend some memory for this rig, I was looking at the Corsair vengeance 3200 but don’t know. if any difference I just added the power colour rx 580 to the setup

Last edited:
Associate
I'll say it before someone else does lol... 8 pack RAM, this one: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...3200mhz-dual-channel-kit-black-my-08l-tg.html

Runs on most boards at 3200mhz straight out the box using the XMP/DOCP profile. I've got mine running at 3466 CL14 using the Ryzen DRAM calc in 'safe' settings with no issues at all. Performance jump from 3200 is fairly decent on Cinebench too. It's a bit pricier, but my thinking is that the newer 3xxx and 4xxx should have even better IMC's and hopefully support even faster speeds, but even if that's not the case, it's generally considered as the best RAM to get for any system.

Associate
The reason I went for this RAM was because of all of the comments on this site, it's generally accepted as being best of the best and it's not too bad a price considering it's guaranteed to run up to 4500MHz system dependent (ie CPU IMC and mobo compatibility).

I found that overclocking my Ryzen was quicker in Cinebench scores at all core 4.2 clock, but used more power, ran hotter and single core performance was down on the top 2 best boosting cores. It was better gaming leaving the overclock to the chip/board themselves and just running the RAM at 3466 with tight timings. The difference from running RAM at 3200 XMP to manually timed at 3466 CL14 was about 60 points on CB R15.

Associate
OP
Thanks I left this to see if anyone else would chip in with any other recommendations before ordering as I was hoping for something just a bit cheaper but looks like there is none

Soldato
Thanks I left this to see if anyone else would chip in with any other recommendations before ordering as I was hoping for something just a bit cheaper but looks like there is none

Google F4-3200C16D-16GTZR its hyxnix based RAM but works perfectly fine with RyZen, ive got 2 kits of it in 2 different systems, both running MSI motherboards, one is a B350 Mortar board with an R7 1700 and the RAM has no problem running at 3200mhz (XMP), its dead cheap at the moment and looks the dogs do-da's.

If you want to go really cheap then you can try this instead which a lot of people on here also suggest, I dont know which IC's it has, but probably Hyix too based on the speed and timings: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...al-channel-kit-grey-tlgd416g30-my-087-tg.html

Associate
OP
thanks I was going for Corsair vengeance originally @ around the £125 mark but then got caught up in the Samsung b die and got side tracked

Associate
8Pack 3200 dark pro c14.. Several thousand kits sold... OC is great . Compatability is great... Fits in with all systems.... Selected Samsung B die ic the best quality around...

People might think you're being biased... but that doesn't mean you're not 100% correct! I can confirm that this RAM is easily better than Corsair Vengence 3200 as well as the regular TG 3200 ram sold as part of the bundles, as I know people running both of those kits and their systems are not as fast as mine running your RAM, this is despite one of them having a 2700x that will do an all core OC @ 4.3, which I cant manage on mine!

OcUK Staff
We have very strict spec for all 8pack ram. Ic, pcb, binning etc specified and developed by myself and Gibbo. Infact with good board and ic on Intel platform almost all 3200 kits can do 4000+ c18 or 19.

Associate
I had your kit running on the x470 Taichi board at 3866mhz using DRAM calc. It posted and did a couple of Cinebench runs absolutely fine, but it was notably slower, so left at 3466 CL14 which seems to be the sweet spot for me. Very happy with it, glad I paid the extra to be honest. My reasoning was also that the newer 3xxx and 4xxx may well have even better IMC and memory support, so it made sense!

Associate
OP
Oh well looks like this 8 pack is getting the most recommends, will have to have a think on which child to cut back on Christmas spending on

Back
Top Bottom