Which Mobo for me? £400 - £550

Associate
Hi,
i am once again looking at mobo choices, i have a little more extra budget now for a mobo.
i orginally specd the Asus ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WIFI but am now considering throwing and extra £100 at it. so far the choices could be either

MSI MPG X670E Carbon WiFi
Asus ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming
Asus ProArt X670E-Creator WiFi + Sound card for optical (ASUS why no SPDIF?)

The main focus of my work would be 3D modeling work, Unreal engine 5 work, some rendering, gaming and some video editing.
Probably all of these would do the job but would like some reason to consider buying one over another. All the motherboads are to expensive imo, but thats the world we currently live in so will just have to accept it.

Anyway I would love your thoughts
Thanks
Paul
I had to return my Strix Z790 board since the VRM cover was too high for my Noctua fan to fit. I bought the cheaper Asus TUF Gaming Plus WiFi Z790 and am happy with it. Note MSI boards in the UK only have a poor 1 year warranty.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Note MSI boards in the UK only have a poor 1 year warranty
:(. i think one year is pretty terrible these days especially since we are now seeing issues with AMD AM5 chips and boards 6 months after they have been out. yeah i am looking for a AMD board but thanks for the info on it.
i need to sit out the chip expanding issue for the moment untill that is resolved or go intel.

Associate
OP
intrestiing, i have always been told its a bad idea to have a radiator at the bottom of a case and a AIO due to bubbles in the system at the pump. i dont think i could go a custom loop like you have, looks cool though :).
the fact also that the Air can take full ATX PSU was also why i wanted to go with the Air.
to get the air with a 280 RAD in it and a gigabyte 4090 what do people recommend i do? i saw one video of a guy dremeling his case and drilling in new drill holes to get it to fit on the side.

Associate
Note MSI boards in the UK only have a poor 1 year warranty.
Are you sure that's true? Overclockers and other competitors have their AM5 boards listed with a three year warranty, which is the same as the others.

Just curious because I've got a MSI board and I've not seen anywhere about it only being 1 year. Slightly worried if it is.

Last edited:
Associate
Are you sure that's true? Overclockers and other competitors have their AM5 boards listed with a three year warranty, which is the same as the others.

Just curious because I've got a MSI board and I've not seen anywhere about it only being 1 year. Slightly worried if it is.
I emailed MSI UK and the told me the warranty is 1 year via the supplier

Back
Top Bottom