Which monitor - Sub £200

Soldato
I just assumed that they all were HDCP compliant as none of them seem to say it in the description.

Yeah, they might well be, but still, I would check them all out to make sure before buying one. I've read the spec on tons of monitors that go up to even £1000 that amazingly don't have HDCP, where there is a 'X' against HDCP.

I can tell you though that the 23" LG W2361V has HDCP, 1xDVI-D, 1xHDMI, 1xVGA, 2ms response, 50,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, and 1920x1080. That's the one I just bought and it's a fair bit under £200.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Nice, i will have a look at that. Cheers

Thats looks near perfect for me. Shame it is only 23", but for that price, you can't go too wrong.

Cheers for that. How much did you pay? the site i'm on is selling it for £168.64

Last edited:
Soldato
BenQ G2420HD Widescreen Monitor 24.0 inch (1080i/1080p) TFT LCD 1000:1 300cd/m2 (1920 x 1080) 5ms D-sub/DVI-D/ HDMI 1.3/Headphone Jack (Glossy Black)

£149.99.

ive got one and i must say it is very good for the money.

Associate
OP
Yeah, they might well be, but still, I would check them all out to make sure before buying one. I've read the spec on tons of monitors that go up to even £1000 that amazingly don't have HDCP, where there is a 'X' against HDCP.

I can tell you though that the 23" LG W2361V has HDCP, 1xDVI-D, 1xHDMI, 1xVGA, 2ms response, 50,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, and 1920x1080. That's the one I just bought and it's a fair bit under £200.

When you get yours, is there any chance you could do a little review and maybe add a few pictures please?

Soldato
BenQ G2420HD Widescreen Monitor 24.0 inch (1080i/1080p) TFT LCD 1000:1 300cd/m2 (1920 x 1080) 5ms D-sub/DVI-D/ HDMI 1.3/Headphone Jack (Glossy Black)

dont forget to have a look at this monitor.

well worth a look for the price.

Soldato
Oh....

my...

god...

Just unbelievable :eek:

Jakstaar, you have to buy this monitor., it's amazing :D

True, it's my first LCD, and true I've never had anything bigger than a 19" and that was only 18" viewing area. But even so, this is fantastic. It's huuuuuuuge, and so wide. I'm putting together some pics I took, don't know how well they came out, but we'll see, I'll upload them shortly. ;)

Soldato
Ok Jakstaar, here's some pics, they're not great but hopefully give you an idea. :) My mouse cursor needs a taxi from one side of the screen to the other it's so wide, lol. I am so impressed, it's worlds away from CRT. The menu buttons are on the right side. While it keeps a nice clean minimalist look, I'll have to try and memorise the buttons cos I can't see them without getting out the chair and looking. I haven't set it up properly, this is straight out of the box, haven't inserted setup cd yet either, but it needs calibrating. I am FAR more impressed with this than I was expecting, and I don't care about the HP monitors anymore, they're not as sharp. I didn't need the extra dvi cable I bought, there is one included.

Jakstaar, hope this helps.:D The pics don't do justice, particularly the game pics. In-game it's like blu ray quality.

Soldato
Cheers for the review and the pictures mate. It looks very nice. I think this is definitely top of my list now :D

You're welcome. My pics don't do justice. The PQ at native 1920x1080, which is how I have it set, is as sharp as I could ever want a screen to look, and I'm very fussy!
You won't be disappointed mate, it all comes down to what monitor appeals to you by the way the physical design looks to you aesthetically, because I think you'd be hard pushed to find better picture quality and sharpness, and certainly at this price. Btw, it seems the monitor controls on the right side of the frame can be controlled through windows, there's a program called fortemanager on the CD which apparently does that, I've yet to install it ;)

Soldato
Nice one mate. The pictures do look good though. It's between your one, and the W2363V

Didn't know about that one, but yeah, go with the W2363V if you can, it has slightly better spec, SRS wow surround sound speakers built in, component connections and higher DCR 80000:1, compared to mine 50000:1.
Btw. according to this promo, it has 2 x HDMI, not just one. It's a beautiful design. My only reservation is that I think a black frame is better for making the image on screen stand out, but if you like white, then yeah, go for that one. Doesn't seem to be easy to get hold of from what I've seen but maybe you found somewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMKZCRhxYSg

Back
Top Bottom