Which motherboard is better

Associate
Excellent, thanks for the informative post. My setup seems to be a lot more stable since I swapped boards over but that could just be in my head! I had a ROG Sandybridge board previous to going over to Ryzen and it was excellent in all the years I had it, I should have trusted my instinct and stuck to Asus when I moved. I'm just going to sell my gaming 5 board, can't be bothered to RMA it.

How long did it take to receive the bracket from Phanteks though? I don't wan't to buy the cooler and then wait weeks before I can install it.

How are you overclocking? Through the BIOS or just using the AI Suite 3 software? I've still got mine on stock but trying to find a good simple guide to OC my 1700X on this board.

I oc it in the AI Suite 3 software , was so easy
If you sale your Gaming 5 on say Flea bay , you get around 130/140 for it & run the risk
of the buyer wanting to return it if he also uses a sound blaster card , also you get a lot
of scams now.
if you gaming 5 board less than a month old then return it for refund.

Last edited:
Associate
Hope Gigabyte UK can sort out the Fault with AM4 motherboards & Soudblaster Z sound cards
What i read on the USA forum is a Hardware Fault on Most if not all First Rev Gigabyte AM4 Boards,
So a new board from OC UK will not sort out the problem & be back to square one.

Associate
Is there a big differnece between onboard audio on the b350f gaming and a separate sound card? Anyone know can't find much but differeing opinions on google. Cheers

Yes there is , Even more so if you got a quality speaker setup like the old logitech z5500 or the Z906 5.1 system or Edifier S760D 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers ,
on board audio be bear bones due to limited space on motherboard for the Audio components & Features, Sound Card also got better shielding from noise with less SNR loss,
Also like the soundblaster Z dolby digital live ,DTS Connect Feature for Movies

If you just use Headphones ,Would not worry about it that much,
If you want better quality & features for a Headset then something like the

Sound BlasterX AE-5

DAC with Xamp, a brand new discrete headphone amp utilizing bi-amplification technology. It delivers astonishingly pristine audio

Last edited:
Associate
Yes there is , Even more so if you got a quality speaker setup like the old logitech z5500 or the Z906 5.1 system or Edifier S760D 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers ,
on board audio be bear bones due to limited space on motherboard for the Audio components & Features, Sound Card also got better shielding from noise with less SNR loss,
Also like the soundblaster Z dolby digital live ,DTS Connect Feature for Movies

If you just use Headphones ,Would not worry about it that much,
If you want better quality & features for a Headset then something like the

Sound BlasterX AE-5

DAC with Xamp, a brand new discrete headphone amp utilizing bi-amplification technology. It delivers astonishingly pristine audio

Thats great information, thank you so much! :)

Back
Top Bottom