Which motherboard

Associate
Just a quick question, after my last post about our 1st build I was advised to use the Ryzen 3600. Which I've decided to do along with a 2060 super. . I'm just wondering since it's a full new build and want it as upgradable as possible. Is it worth spending the extra now on one of the newer motherboards. Think they are X570 ?. Or will it make no difference and just go with the advised tomahawk.

I've not build before so I'm guessing upgrading a motherboard is one of the more difficult things to do so I'd rather not have to change it in a few years. Hope that makes sense. Thanks.

Soldato
Just a quick question, after my last post about our 1st build I was advised to use the Ryzen 3600. Which I've decided to do along with a 2060 super. . I'm just wondering since it's a full new build and want it as upgradable as possible. Is it worth spending the extra now on one of the newer motherboards. Think they are X570 ?. Or will it make no difference and just go with the advised tomahawk.

I've not build before so I'm guessing upgrading a motherboard is one of the more difficult things to do so I'd rather not have to change it in a few years. Hope that makes sense. Thanks.

some reddit threads have listed errors with the boards. half the time its user fault where firstly not doing the bios, to not updating chipset drivers asap or using wrong ram .

in theory they should perform roughly the same, ocuk staff 8 Pack has stated x570 boards for more efficient - this is the case of running same CPU in x570 board and b450 board using same ram and same clock speeds. not a huge difference though .
X570 advantages is that their chipset bios are priority and tested the most- vendors focus on latest products then work backwards . Also they have larger bios chips and wont be filled as much . seems latets 1.0.0.3AB AGESE microcode update was large and takes up vital space on b450 boards - key with them is once you've got bios installed to get Zen2/3600 working- dont update it will AMD have sorted out all the issues .
They can also take faster ram- though this doesn't have to much effect on 3600 chips . b450 can do this if you put in the hard work and get a good memory chips on slower ram sticks to save money .

key thing for x570 to lead is vendors and AMD making better use of PBO/XFR to use the better VRMs of x570 boards for the CPU to push its self higher

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom