Which mouse?

Associate
Hi, im looking to get a new mouse that doesnt need batteries and has to be a gaming mouse. I dont know which out of the 2 is better, the logitech g5 or logtiech mx518. The 518 is optical and g5 is laser. Which is better optical or laser?

Soldato
The G7 is an excellent mouse, I got it a few days ago and it is perfect. Its wireless and you dont need to fork out money for batteries every week as it comes with 2 chargeable batteries which charge in the wireless dock while using the mouse

Associate
Yep - how the hell can they label the G-series as 'GAMING GRADE' when they've dropped a side button? Very irritating :D

The non-slip wire sheath on G5 is a complete gimmick too.

2000DPI Laser over 1600DPI optical will make the very minimal of difference, and if you're pairing it with any decent mousemat it's not like they both don't work..

Also - the teflon feet on the G5 that Logitech claims abolishes the need for alternatives (hyperglides/mouseskates/whatever) is also untrue

Associate
What about in terms of cordless mice? I have a cordless MX700 that just died on me and need a new mouse pronto, this ball thingy with 2 buttons that cost about £3.99 is useless!! was looking at the G7 and MX610...

Back
Top Bottom