Which Ones BEST ? Corsair CX750F RGB, 80 PLUS Bronze vs Thermaltake 875W Toughpower XT 80 PLUS Bronz

Associate
Which is the better quality power supply out of these two a Corsair CX750F RGB 80 PLUS Bronze and a Thermaltake 875W Toughpower XT 80 PLUS Bronze ? probably be running a 1800x and a 2060 Super etc.

Man of Honour
Well the Thermaltake is ancient as that model was launched way back in 2009 and hasn't been on sale for some time now so if you value your components avoid it like the plague. The Corsair only launched 2020/2021 I believe so would be the one to go for and should have the vast majority of it's 5 year warranty remaining.

I hope you aren't trading something valuable because I would have to question the friendship of somebody offering a ancient Thermaltake PSU in exchange.

Associate
OP
Both are brand new unused still sealed actually i just wanted to know technically which one would be the better power supply really to grab.

Man of Honour
Still the Corsair. If the Thermaltake is still sealed in it's box are you sure you posted the correct model because from what I can find the Toughpower XT 875w launched over 12 years ago, was never updated and has been end of life for several years? Their newer models such as the Toughpower Grand/GF1/GF2 are all 850w and usually have RGB.

Associate
OP
Still the Corsair. If the Thermaltake is still sealed in it's box are you sure you posted the correct model because from what I can find the Toughpower XT 875w launched over 12 years ago, was never updated and has been end of life for several years? Their newer models such as the Toughpower Grand/GF1/GF2 are all 850w and usually have RGB.

Yes it is this exact model Thermaltake 875W Toughpower XT 80 PLUS Bronze from around 2010 guy bought it and never got around to using it and its still sealed in the box etc i can read that it got really good reviews from back then are the components in the Corsair CX750F RGB 80 PLUS Bronze of better quality then ? i suppose is what im asking

Man of Honour
The Thermaltake is a ancient design and just because it hasn't been used doesn't mean that it's like new. Things like capacitors still degrade over time plus I there will be no warranty after all that time. The Corsair is the better of the two and should have the bulk of it's 5 year warranty remaining. To be honest, neither of them are great psu's. The Thermaltake is ancient and the Corsair is overpriced for what it is and is all about the RGB which in my opinion has no place on a psu. Normally the psu fan will be pointed downwards so it sucks cool air through the bottom of the case and many cases have compartments or shrouds that hide the psu so you won't see the RGB anyway. They should have ditched the RGB and focused more on quality. That being said, the Corsair is the one to get out of the two.

Back
Top Bottom