Which Pre Build System?

Associate
Hi guys and thanks in advance.

I would like a Pre Build system I do like "Titan Envy Duo DC" Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6GHz Overclocked Nvidia GeForce SLI Gaming PC. With a couple of upgrades / More memory / larger SSD and HDD and a 780TI card.

Is this generally better than the Wraith system with similar upgrades, or with the price point of around £1600 do I go for "Titan Typhoon" Intel Core i7 5930K @ 3.8GHz OC Six Core Haswell-E Nvidia SLI Gaming PC with no extras?

Will be used for Photoshop for work and a little bit of gaming in my spare time.

Prefer pre build all I will take out of my old system is the B-Ray writer and move my HDDs into my server.

Thanks

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
For pure gaming I'd suggest the Titan Envy with GTX 9 series graphics for sure. The Typhoon is the better all-round system, especially for photoshop, but there is no real world benefit in games from the extra processing power.

We can handle any alterations that you want to make.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Do you mean GTX 780 Ti?

If so, there is not likely to be any later, they are already winding down. If you are considering a later SLI upgrade stick to GTX 970 or 980

Associate
OP
Which 970 card is in it would it be possible to have these which are on offer?

EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card (04G-P4-2974-KR)

Is that a good 'on offer card' to have instead?

Do I order then phone up for the change of cards?

Thanks

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
The default GTX 970 is the Galax , which we use because the "blower" cooler design is ideal for SLI set ups due to the heat being exhausted directly from the chassis. That said, the EVGA wouldn't cause a problem since the quality of the case is such that there is sufficient airflow to dissipate the heat even without a blower.

If you'd like different cards we can oblige, you'll be charged the difference between the Galax and your selected cards. To do this please call 01782 444455

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Got a thread going in the Full systems forum. What are the best cards on offer or best 970 card to fit in the Titan Envy Duo DC" Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6GHz Overclocked Nvidia GeForce SLI Gaming PC.

Need a card reader for my Photography side which is the best looking to fit in the case was looking at the IcyBox 3.5" USB 3.0 Multi Card Reader with USB Charging Port (IB-868-B) needs to do CF SD cards but also needs to look nice and fit with the case.

Do I order then phone up to top up the extra items?

Thanks

Associate
OP
Thanks for your help will order tomorrow or Monday after a Fraud flag was waived at my bank.

Think I will pick a bigger case Corsair 750 or the 550 quiet / any views on these cases?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom