Which SFF8087 cable?

Soldato
I've managed to get hold of an LSI 9260-8i for my home server and I've got some SFF8087 to SATA cables, however the controller doesn't seem to detect the drives.

The cables I've got are these, Molex 79576-3002. Should these do the job or do I need something else?

Associate
What drives are they? I've sometimes found a firmware patch for RAID cards is needed to detect newer, higher capacity drives.

Try connecting each drive individually and see if you can isolate the problem further.

Soldato
OP
I answered my own question this morning by actually reading the descriptions of the cables! I need the 79576-3003 cable which works from card to hard drives, the ones I've got are from from card to backplane.. Bit annoying as now it's going to be another couple days before I can get it up and running!

Hello, did you ever get this sorted?

I've just fallen foul of the same annoyance it would seem. How stupid is that cable specification?!

Struggling to find somewhere that does the 3003 for reasonable prices. Everyone seems to stock the 3002 though!

Failing that, I wonder if there's a way to mod the 3002?

edit - Forward and reverse cables... Forward/crossover for card to drive direct, reverse (aka 3002) for backplane as above. Ordered the forward fan out, sorted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom