Which surround headset for games to buy?

Soldato
Howdy all,

Need a surround based headset for gaming without disturbing the mrs and must include a microphone ideally. Budget is around £150 max but ideally lower.

I've got quite a large noggin, so a headset that isn't designed for someone with the head the size of a carrot is more suited to me lol. Also if it comes with some sort of sound card for the 7.1 or 5.1 sound, that could also be useful as the audio from the headphone port on my pc isn't that great tbh (some xfi onboard chip on my mobo)

Soldato
Howdy all,

Need a surround based headset for gaming without disturbing the mrs and must include a microphone ideally. Budget is around £150 max but ideally lower.

I've got quite a large noggin, so a headset that isn't designed for someone with the head the size of a carrot is more suited to me lol. Also if it comes with some sort of sound card for the 7.1 or 5.1 sound, that could also be useful as the audio from the headphone port on my pc isn't that great tbh (some xfi onboard chip on my mobo)

Just recently got myself a set of Sennheiser PC 323D. It does Virtual Surround. Very comfortable and comes with a Mic. Probably the greatest sound I have heard from a headset

Soldato
If you are not an audiophile like myself, you can go for Corsair Vengence wired headset, they are quite comfortable wearing and also quite nice-looking...
But if you want decent sound quality, that is another story...

Associate
razer megalodon or similar seems to be a good option and have some change

What about the mic quality on those? I was thinking about picking those up, then read some reviews regarding the bad mic quality (even bad for a headset mic). Maybe someone has the Megalodon or the 7.1 Tiamat and could share his/her opinion?

Soldato
OP
Well my razer tiamat 7.1s turned up and I've done a few rounds of BF3 with them and I'm more than impressed. Love the feel of them, very comfortable to wear and the sound is pretty good. Sure I wouldn't listen to music with them, but for games they are great as the 7.1 sound works brilliantly in FPS games, which is why I bought it.

Highly recommend it for FPS games, whilst movies and music, I'd look elsewhere (no where near enough bass and the sound can be "tinny" due to the smaller neodymium magnets used)

Associate
Do the tiamuts have there own usb sound card or do you need a sound card as that will have a lot to do with certain sound signatures. Google Tiamut Bass eq profiles. Thats what i did with my vengeance 1500s an found one that claimed to be close to the akg k701 sound.

Back
Top Bottom