Which torrent client

Associate
Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place, but looking for a torrent client to use maybe once in a blue moon.
I tried utorrent, but uninstalled straight away after it auto installed opera and some other things I didn't want.
Any good light ones?

Associate
OP
You mean you didn't select not to install opera and the other things? :D utorrent is light weight.

You could try qBittorrent
Hoho. Annoyingly absolutely no pop-ups came up. Just auto installed. Was not happy and slightly worried, so did instant uninstall and ran multi scans. Loads of pups still listed but got rid of them all after a few more scans and starts.
Nervous about other torrents now, which is why I needed advice
Looks like qbitorrent is the one to choose

Permabanned
Hoho. Annoyingly absolutely no pop-ups came up. Just auto installed. Was not happy and slightly worried, so did instant uninstall and ran multi scans. Loads of pups still listed but got rid of them all after a few more scans and starts.
Nervous about other torrents now, which is why I needed advice
Looks like qbitorrent is the one to choose

You must not have downloaded it from a legit resource, there are options on the utorrent client installer to not install the extras.

Soldato
+1 to qBittorent, uTorrent has become rather bloated ever since Bittorrent bought them and qBitorrent is the perfect replacement.

I just checked the uTorrent installer, it seems there are two versions, uTorrent Web (which is the one you don't want) and uTorrent Classic. Running the classic installer, the step after the privacy policy literally asks if you want to install extra junk:
pbdhmRtl.png.jpg
Clicking decline on this step pops up with another offer on Avast. They really try to blend these steps in so it looks like it's part of the normal installation process.

Soldato
I run utorrent classic, it still the best torrent client so far with fastest download speed with a few tweaks and you can remove adverts by googled "remove utorrent adverts".

I been tried qBittorrent and it cant download at fastest download speed after tweaks it to control bandwidth, download etc, qBittorrent cant maxed out download speed with same tweaks I used on utorrent that can maxed out download speed.

If you want fastest torrent download speed ever to download 30GB torrent in a few hours instead of wait a week or few weeks with PC left running 24 hours if you download it with qBittorrent or utorrent with no tweaks done on default settings, download utorrent classic. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
i went from utorrent to qbitorrent - no ads and good speeds.

One question for qbit users though! In utorrent when i clicked the add link, if it were multiple files ie a tv show, you could select what files to download - add/remove tick next to filename. On qbit as soon as i click the add link, there is no option to select which files, if i want one episode from a 21 part series it just downloads the whole 21!!

Any help as i am sure there must be an option somewhere!

Soldato
i went from utorrent to qbitorrent - no ads and good speeds.

One question for qbit users though! In utorrent when i clicked the add link, if it were multiple files ie a tv show, you could select what files to download - add/remove tick next to filename. On qbit as soon as i click the add link, there is no option to select which files, if i want one episode from a 21 part series it just downloads the whole 21!!

Any help as i am sure there must be an option somewhere!

If it's a magnet link, wait for the metadata to finish retrieving and the pop up that appears when you click a link will load up with the files with the tickboxes:
MYkGHCJl.png.jpg

Soldato
If it's a magnet link, wait for the metadata to finish retrieving and the pop up that appears when you click a link will load up with the files with the tickboxes:
MYkGHCJl.png.jpg

I don't get that - i click the d/load link which saves to my desktop, i double click that and it goes straight to opening qbit and downloading everything.

ETA: sorted it! After a couple of years of just adding everything - lol!

Your pic gave me the starting point, in the same box there is "display torrent content and some options" i checked that and i now get the options of which files to add - ta.

Back
Top Bottom