Which type of duvet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Do you wet the bed?

This is important in decision making, as not all Duvet's wash as well.. ie they wont be in the same nick once you wash them, so if you wet the bed that means a lot of washes.

Soldato
I've been using a Devon Duvets wool-filled duvet [also available from John Lewis, iirc] for about 6 months now, and I really wouldn't want to go back to anything else.

Wool is apparently better at regulating heat than other duvet fillings, which means that you don't get those too-warm-must-kick-off-the-duvet moments. I've certainly found this to be true; the duvet always seems to keep me at a very comfortable "cosy but not toasty" temperature in both summer and winter [particularly impressive given that I bought the non-winter weight].

And because less wool is needed to fill, it drapes better and doesn't weigh you down; also it doesn't clump. And of course it doesn't shed feathers, so no spiky surprises and less hoovering.

The only downsides [no pun intended!]: it's a bit more expensive, and for the first week or so, your bedroom will smell of lanolin. But I was brought up in Wales, so that just reminded me of home :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom