Which tyres?

C.K

C.K

Associate
Sorry! :D I have used the search function, but I still can't decide!

I am looking to replace all 4 tyres on my Fiesta ST. (205/40/17)

I was going to go for the Continental Sport Contact 5's, but apparently these wear pretty quick?

I have looked on STOC etc and they recommend Yokohama Parada Spec 2 or Uniroyal Rainsport 2's?

Looking to spend no more than £105 per tyre.

Cheers,
Adam.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I've had Uniroyal Rainsport 2's in the past & they are a good tyre wet or dry & wear well, sexy looking tread pattern as well if you're as sad as me. A long way short of a hundred quid a corner as well.

Soldato
I had paradas on a Toledo of all things - whilst they were great I got through them very quickly.

My sport contacts have been very good, haven't noticed particularly quick wear but I've also got a bit unlucky with punctures recently so only have 1 left that was on the car over a year ago - it still has 5mm though after 16k mixed between front and rear.

The as2 is well priced at the moment and gets a good write up

C.K

C.K

Associate
OP
I had paradas on a Toledo of all things - whilst they were great I got through them very quickly.

My sport contacts have been very good, haven't noticed particularly quick wear but I've also got a bit unlucky with punctures recently so only have 1 left that was on the car over a year ago - it still has 5mm though after 16k mixed between front and rear.

The as2 is well priced at the moment and gets a good write up

Which sport contacts do you have? 5's?

Cheers,
Adam

Man of Honour

I was going to go for the Continental Sport Contact 5's, but apparently these wear pretty quick?

Most decent performance tyres will wear comparatively quickly compared to non performance tyres. This is because the softer compound that gives the performance also wears quicker.

CS5 is an excellent choice.

I have looked on STOC etc and they recommend Yokohama Parada Spec 2 or Uniroyal Rainsport 2's?

They do this because they are cheap. They'll argue something different I'm sure but 90% of internet 'hero tyres' are such firstly because they are cheap, even though advocates will swear blind its nothing to do with it. The CS5 is a better tyre.

Soldato
I have two 3's and two 5's now but started on 4 csc3, just can't get them now. Have noticed no real difference between them but the 5's are too new really plus I wouldn't really know without 2 full sets. It feels no different with the mix than it did before though

Soldato
Sorry to jump into your thread C.k.

Does anyone know if the Continental ContiPremiumContact 5's come in size 205/50 R16? I can't find them anywhere.

C.K

C.K

Associate
OP
[TW]Fox;23526599 said:
Most decent performance tyres will wear comparatively quickly compared to non performance tyres. This is because the softer compound that gives the performance also wears quicker.

CS5 is an excellent choice.

They do this because they are cheap. They'll argue something different I'm sure but 90% of internet 'hero tyres' are such firstly because they are cheap, even though advocates will swear blind its nothing to do with it. The CS5 is a better tyre.

Cheers Fox! I did drop you a message via Trust yesterday but never received a reply :p

Soldato
Sorry! :D I have used the search function, but I still can't decide!

Looking to spend no more than £105 per tyre.

Cheers,
Adam.

I'm currently running on Sport Contact 2's - they came on my car from the factory about 18 months ago.
They grip extremely well, are quiet and with almost 30k miles on the clock there is still meat on them - I'll get 33-34k on these.

So for those reasons when I do require new tyres I'll be going for SC5's.

Soldato
I tend to do it once my fronts are down to 5mm or thereabouts and always have done but tbh it's a bit of a false economy anyway. You'll just end up shelling out £480 instead of £240 when the time comes.

C.K

C.K

Associate
OP
Ordered the CSC5's earlier today. :)

Does anyone have any experience with metal valves? I had a quick google and noticed a few people have had leaking air/alloy corrosion. But would this just be down to the quality of them?

Soldato
Do you mean flush fit valves? I've had them and they let air out (albeit quite slowly) which meant religously checking the air every couple of days - everyone I know who has had them have had varying degrees of air loss too.

Oh yeah and one bonded itself to the wheel which was interesting

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom