Which tyres?

• Thread starter SamuraiTortoise
  • Start date

IC3

IC3

Soldato
If you're slipping in the dry you're doing something seriously wrong or you're a riding god

It was ****ing it down that day :rolleyes:, I can make it spin when its dry. It ain't that hard... lol The SV will do a rolling burnout in 3rd, haven't tried 4th yet (I'm guessing it wont do it tho).

Last edited:
Soldato
A rolling burnout isn't the same a making a tyre spin in the dry through 'normal' riding.

I did flinch when he was bouncing off the limiter for 8 seconds. :o

And I may be old that's the sort of riding (even if it is on a closed off road) that gets bikers a bad name, burnouts/skids/wheelies...

Soldato
Shifting all the weight forward, holding the front brake and doing everything to encourage rear wheel slip is entirely different to spinning up a rear tyre in NORMAL riding conditions.

It takes a SERIOUS amount of power to slip a rear motorcycle wheel in the dry, an SV650 is not making that power.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Define normal :D :p

That wasn't me btw, this is a carb SV and its black. You can even tell by the limiter its the older SV, the FI has really sluggish limiter sounds pathetic. :(

Soldato
Pilot road 3 is what I have on the mt07 and I'm really impressed with them, my dad has had them on his cbr600 for a while now and he says the same. Great in all weather.

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
No, doing rolling third gear burnouts on poorly lit public roads in the middle of the night in an attempt to 'learn better control over your bike' is stupid.

I will say this for a 100th time, I practise on closed off areas away from housing areas...

Man of Honour
I will say this for a 100th time, I practise on closed off areas away from housing areas...

You should know by now that every time you bring up something like this or you riding things you shouldn't or doing naughty speeds on "private" land that you're going to get a ribbing, stop getting in a huff about it or stop bringing it up.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I said in the wet! I couldn't get them to spin riding normally that is, the SV can spin the tyre in 2nd when its wet and its capable of a rolling burnout. I didn't say I can make the tyre skid in the dry without using the front brakes/clutch. :eek:

I haven't practised in a long time anyway, I found a good spot which is 40 miles away and for a small amount of money you can access the area and practise. But its like 40 miles one way and the SV isn't exactly that great for stunt riding.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom